Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Merv... oh dear, u have opened a can o worms. u will be swamped with tales of woe with regard to Mytravel and the lack of services.
Their lack of customer service is a never ending complaint on this board, and it never gets any better. My own experiences with Mytravel and Airtours over the years have been nothing short of shocking, and as a result I now actively avoid any holiday involving an Airtours company or its various Branches, ( they are all tied in and are as bad as each other), and of course they all deny responsibility. Complain ? go ahead and bang your head on the brick wall, we have all tried, they just do not listen.
there is one person on this board who is looking for information regarding spoilt holidays.... Package Holidays Uncovered. the name is Paul Moore.
he can be contacted on 020 7621 8175 . best of luck, but dont let this eat away at you, u will only end up with an ulcer. regards G
Hi merv ... the simplest solution may be for you to use the Search facility at the top of the page and retrieve all topics using keyword 'Airtours' in this forum, as well as Tour Operators forum and Flights, Airlines & Airports forum.

David :wave
gingerdennis Please do not use text style in your posts ie 'u' for you. Thanks.
:D Merv, sorry to hear of your experience, we have just come back from benalmadena palace, and there was building work still going on, but we never recieved a letter before hand regarding this.

We had a problem with airtours on our last holiday to benidorm, the hotel was suppose to be a three star, who ever gave them a three star must have been blind drunk, in my opinion I would have given it a one star (and that would have been too generous.). The room was filthy, as was the pool, there was a leak on the balcony, and couldn't sit out, the food could only be described as pig swill. We arrived in the august, and this hotel was getting pulled down in the october, and completely refurbished. (so you can imagine the state it was in), plus the staff were going to be out of a job, in 6 weeks time, so you can imagine how helpful and friendly they were!! The list of complaints were endless, so I won't bore you with rest of details!!!

We wrote to airtours, 5 times, and each time we were completely fobbed off, and with some of our complaints there were not even addressed! Just to give you an example, we complained how bad the food was, saying it was luke warm, completely unedable, and that my partner got a mild dose of food poisoning. There response was " |If you had a word with the chef, I'm sure he would have cooked you some thing to your liking" (Yeah right - sure he would!!!!!),

We couldn't even complain to our rep, because he didn't show up for the first week, so left a note with reception, to ask them to tell the rep we wanted to see him, but never heard a thing for the whole week, but on out last day a first choice rep left a note under our door, which would have been ok if we were travelling with first choice!!

In the end we recieved (a 5th), letter off them saying "It is obvious that you are trying to seek compensation, but under the circumstances feel we are unable to offer any in this case. (Or words very similar). So after that we just couldn't be bothered, but that was before I became a member on this site, just wish now that I hadn't given in so easily. So I wish you all the best, and rember there are many HT member who will be able to advise you. Good luck. BBB.
Thanks Bellyballyboo and Gingerdennis for your input - just the type of info I want.
I am determined that Airtours will be disadvantaged by my efforts to at least bring their shortcomings into the open - keep on sending details of your misgivings about this Travel Firm
Oh Dear! We are flying with MyTravel in September to Corfu. Glad I read this so I can be prepared. We have flown with them before to Fuerterventura and had no problems that I can remember, but no two holidays can be the same. After reading the reports on Corfu airport that seemed bad enough now we might have a bad flight with airtours. It can only get better!!!! Hope there are no problems with our accommodation!
Hi

You should have no worries with your mytravel flight, their crews are all friendly and dedicated to the job. Sadly as we are all aware all airlines do have delays from time to time and mytravel are not immune to that.

If you do have any problems wihilst on holiday then you need to see your holiday rep at the earliest opportunity. as i always used to say to my guests when i worked for the company; if you don't tell us how can we try to resolve your issues for you. Even if there is no rep visit in your accomadation that day they will have a local resort number and the UK duty office number, this information will be either on the notice board or in the file your rep has left in the hotel. If you can't find a contact number i'm sure reception will have at least one number for your local resort office.

If you do have a complaint though you need to fill in a customer service form (thats what airtours and aspro call them) with your rep. You will get a copy and they will hand 2 copies into the resort office which will also detail any actions they have taken in resort to rectify the problem. Once you are back home should you then wish to pursue the matter further you need to write to the tour operator, enclosing a photocopy of your customer service form. Having this form completed in resort and sending a copy of it saves a lot of time when trying to resolve any issues.

As i've always said from before i was a holiday rep, during my time as one and even now after leaving the industry your holiday is what you make of it and if you look for the bad things then sadly your holiday will not be the fantastic memory you wanted it to be.
Thank for the information. I agree with you that your holiday is what you make it. Also, if you go without any preconceived ideas then if it is lovely you are pleasantly surprised and if it isnt then you cant be that disappointed as it is as you expected. We just cant wait to go away and even if things do go wrong it is all part of the experience of travelling (unless it is something really awful). We just like to chill out and go with the flow!
merv

They're a host of complaints on http://www.tripadvisor regarding Airtours.
Leave a message on carribbeann forum on this site as a few in here had their holiday cancelled at the last minute and were lied to by Airtours on several occasion. They to are getting no where with customer service.

I have booked my holiday with Direct holidays and my wedding through the hotel and I am a nervous reck, sick with worry that they will mess it all up.

I wish you luck.
If you cannot get hold of your rep in resort for a complaints form then write one out yourself and get another guest to sign it for you. Get names and addresses of anyone who also has complaints - you can then back each others claims up.

Anyone who's holiday is cancelled at the last minute or altered in anyway do have rights for compensation.

If this happens to you ring Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114 for immediate free advice.
:cry: Hi to all of you. I've just been scanning through the posts with reference to Airtours and the many complaints involving this company. I've been posting on the Tripadvisor website and was informed of this one. So here I am. First of all, can I just stress to everyone that my comments are not aimed at anyone in particular and hope they do not offend anyone. Hi Merv. I would like to join forces with you and help you in anyway I possibly can with this. I've been let down very badly by Airtours, as have so many of my fellow Tripadvisor users. We have had enough. I'm gathering horror stories from people and have posted reviews of this company on two other holiday websites. I will do anything I can to help. My other comment is to totally agree about our holidays being what we make them, but on the down side it would've been nice to have actually had the holiday in the first place instead of being told so many lies by the travel company and having my holiday cancelled by them. And believe me, i'm not the only one.

We must put a stop to this. Our holidays are one of the most important purchases we make. And the time, effort, and care that we put into them even before we get to our destination is also very important. I believe that the tour companies have forgotten this. We all really need to remind them.
In reply to joules79's comments and advise, I would inform you that all the relevant correct procedures where followed in respect of my various complaints, both in resort and after returning home, however Airtours have decided to stop any further communications with me after only two letters from me! (My initial letter of complaint and my reply to Airtours patronising response). My Travel agent has also phoned them without success.

It is obvious that you have worked in the trade from the contents and tone of your letter - are you sure you have not worked in the Customer Services section of Airtours??
dizzyb23 Welcome to HT :wave
As I've mentioned earlier and perhaps you would like to pass the name and number on to your other web friends, Ros Fernihough is a travel law solicitor. She assists the members on Holidaytruths and offers free advice.

We also provide with Ros a Safe and Sound brochure (which is available via my signature) I would suggest that ANYONE going on holiday prints this brochure off and takes it with them on holiday. It contains advice and assistance on what to do if you encounter problems with your holiday.

Ros is well known within the travel industry, especially by the Tour Operators and features on radio and television.

If anyone has a complaint or a problem then I would suggest they give Ros a ring as she can inform you of your rights in law.

Ros maybe reached on 01922 621114
RE:and if you look for the bad things then sadly your holiday will not be the fantastic memory you wanted it to be.

How would you expecct someone to enjoy themselves when they have accomadation that isin't fit for a rat. Is it still their fault if they dont enjoy themselves. And please explain to me how they're expected to look beyond this and have a fantastic holiday?

Or a family who have worked hard all year for a once in a lifetime holiday only to be informed at arrival that they're going to another hotel, have been down graded and is miles away from all their planned activities.

" you look for the bad things" sounds like a typical response from those in the industry when they refuse to accept accountability!
Can i just say i have travelled with Airtours on all nine of my holidays abroad and never had any problems
:D
Thank you Glynis HT Admin. I have downloaded this document and will print it shortly. Can I just say a big thanks for providing this help for all of us poor frustrated travellers. Sometimes it can feel as though there is no where to turn and no one who'll listen. The service you are providing is invaluable.
Glad to be of help....Have been there myself a few years ago in Gran Canaria. Accommodation was a pig sty, blood on sheets/walls etc. Never felt so frustrated or alone in my life - was like banging my head against a brick wall trying to sort things out miles from home.

When we came back I lodged a complaint and was initially offered £50 which I refused as an insult - had I been offered a fair amount for what we went through I would have accepted their first offer. However, their pittance was, to me, and insult on all the hard work my husband does to enable us to take holidays.

I plodded on and eventually settled for 50% of the holiday cost which was approx £750 in compensation - a far cry from £50 !!!!

This treatment by the Tour Operator led me to look for help for the future and somewhere to vent my anger. I found HT many years ago and am still here today. :D

So the tour operators didn't do themselves any favours all those years ago as I wouldn't be here now recommending Travel Law solicitors :wink: :lol:
Hi Merv and welcome Dizzy

Can I quote you from the Mytravel AGM in April: "We have been encouraged by bookings for the summer. In the UK we have reduced capacity significantly and begun reshaping our product". But I think they failed to say at customers expense. Although not official, I've also read that 4.2 million customers so far for 2005 can't be wrong. Can I start the countdown - 4.2 million less 2.

At the time of booking our June Mexico trip last September, and if I'd not been taken in by their very good prices and booked with another operater, I might have had the dream holiday I'd wanted. At that time I wasn't told they planned on reducing capacity. I chose a particular hotel and wanted to stay there, not somewhere they wanted me to stay and I've been reading of others being moved with less than satisfactory reasons. Its very worrying and I think should be brought to people's attention.

I wouldn't advise my worse enemy to taste the Airtours experience we've had. Never, ever again.
I remember that quote written by First officer......... more like Last Officer!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.