Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi
We are off to the Alamis on 7th August. Have looked on the various sites and found Holidays Uncovered to be about the most informative for it.
When are you travelling - it looks like there is a heatwave there at the moment.
Starting to get really excited now as have our 2 boys. Have printed out loads of info, restaurants, day trips etc.
Maybe someone can come on who has been recently and give us an update?
Irene
Hi Irene,
We were in Tsilivi 16th May for 2 weeks, just nice weather for me at that time of year. We have re booked for next year, same time as there are a few people we meet up with.
We usually stay at the Jupiter Hotel / Ariadne Apartments, but could not get booked up this morning for those!!!!!

Food - Manos Grill / Giorgios / Zeus / Fat Olives - All in your area

Drink - child / teen friendly - The Ark / Argo Bar

Trips - Definately the 'Zakfari' jeep safari depending on the age of the boys, good trip for seeing out of the way places 50 Euros each for adults

You can get the bus for 1Euro into Zante town, and then buses to anywhere on the island. Remember to get your tickets back as soon as you alight, as the ticket office closes early, and you cannot get back on the bus without one.

Best way to see turtles is bus / taxi to Lagana and then hire a pedalo.
Lovely beach in Planos / Tsilivi. shallow waaayyy out, don't be fooled you will burn even on dull days. have fun
Juliet
Hi Juliet
Thanks for your reply. Especially the info. on the child friendly bar, trips - safari and seeing the turtles (we have had that one down as one to do for ages). Our boys are 13 and 10 so the Jeep trip could be one to do - we were going to hire a car but if the weather is as hot as it is now maybe not a good idea!!!
Off to get the euro's in the next day or so, not a good rate at the moment - 1.38. Can you pay for the trips by credit card? I usually only use it for car hire and trips I may book with the rep. Is is ok to pay for meals in restaurants with your credit card or does it work against you with the charges the bank put on?
Do you know anything about the water park, is it worth going?
I may have a few other things to ask, hope you don't mind.
Thank you
Irene
We have one review of these apartments HERE

luci :wave
Dear Luci, The report on the Alamis does not belong to them, but apartments in annother part of Zante!!!
Juliet
Morning Irene,
Yes you can use credit cards to book trips / car hire. Not so much in the restaurants or shops unless they are the larger sort. Although 2 of the smaller jewellers in Tsilivi do take them.

We did not visit the waterpark, although it did not have very good reviews when it first opened. it may be better. Have you visited the justzante site for info on this.

Kostas watersports in the beach have lots on offer (speedboat (small), rings, banana, flying fish, pedalos, parasailing and jetski) Various prices ranging from 10 Euros to a costly 70 Euros.
Horseriding - at least 4 to choose from in the area.
Car Hire - Most have air conditioning if that helps just make a choice, the roads out of the villages have very loose stones.

Not in until late tonight, so may miss you before you go. Have a great time
juliet
Hi Juliet,
Thanks for your info.
Going to check out the JustZante site regarding the waterpark, our sons are hoping for a visit there. Usually do a pedallo a couple of times and hoping maybe to hire a speed boat instead of a car.............
Only 4 more 'sleeps' until we go!!!!
Irene
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.