Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I might be wrong but i assume they are pretty much the same as in England, perhaps even stricter? i've driven out there and had a couple of small beers with my dinner and that might have been taking a risk as i don't actually know the law or limits , i certainly felt perfectly capable of driving even having to do everything in opposite! but then our trip home was only about a mile or two. it would good to actually know the limit for future reference, as they do like give you a free shot of liquer when paying your bill ......one for the road! but it could be one too many?
I have been told it's lower than the UK but I don't know for sure. However my advice is the same as it would be here. Don't take the risk, either of losing your license or of hurting someone on the way home.

Get a taxi. :tup
The drink driving laws are exactly the same in Lanzarote as on mainland Spain.The legal limit is 0.05%, and 0.01% for new drivers. They are serious about drink driving and have strict penalties such as heavy fines, loss of license and imprisonment.
This website might be of help to you Driving in Lanzarote.

http://www.lanzaroterelocation.co.uk/driving-in-lanzarote/

Angie.
it is considerably lower. Better to take a taxi.
I have a rule I always stick to. I never have an alcoholic drink if I have my car keys and intend to use them, either at home or on holiday. That way if you get pulled over there is no doubt and peace of mind.
I have exactly the same rule.I won't drive until lunchtime if I've had a drink the night before.T.
For me I use the same attitude as I do in this Country, if I have a tipple then I walk/taxi I do not drive, there can be too many consequences.
Just dont do it would be my recommendation. You wouldn't do it at home so why do it abroad. I do recall that one night we were driving back from Orzola and the police were at the side of the road just pulling everyone over at random and giving them a breath test..
OK thanks guys.
What we'll probably do is drive the car down to Playa Blanca and get a taxi back. We can always get the resort's beach bus down to pick it up the next morning.
You can get a bus from the Biosfera to PB, Linea 6 if I remember correctly.
Thanks Robert, but we're staying in The Sun Tropical Holiday Village and they have a bus that runs down to the beach :)
Ah right. :)
Park behind the Fiddlers, that's what I did. It's in the row of shops opposite the church, round the corner from the bookswap.
Good tips from all - don't risk it. The police are clamping right down. We know someone who got off with just a warning coming back from El Golfo recently... and he'd only had a small beer over the course of his evening.

Sun Tropical is close enough to walk into town... and a taxi back from the town centre should be no more than €2.50.

Have a great time.

Elle xx

PS: Thanks for posting a link to my site Angie xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.