General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I just asked my daughter the question you asked (she is 16 years old) and I am the same size as you and she said why not? go for it! It will look brilliant.

CourtneeLouise x
Awe, thanks for that courtneelouise, thats chuffed me right up ! Especially hearing it from a 16 yr old !
I love the look of them as well but sadly they dont flatter me at all and the one I tried on.... well I fell about laughing when I looked in the mirror :rofl Personally, I think you need to have the right figure for them, being 5ft 4in and a size 12/14 isnt the right shape at all. If you have the body then go for it, im dead jealous that you can :D
Being a size 10, I used to wear what I liked despite my age but now that I'm 48 I have to think twice before buying things, as I wouldn't want to be called mutton dressed as lamb either. I had a playsuit when I was in my early twenties and loved it but I wouldn't risk buying one now. That's only my opinion though :D
Personally I think they look daft on a fit 21 year old woman!!! :cheers
hmm I think it's a figure thing rather than an age thing :que
if you look good in one then go for it!
From someone who says 'If it suits the wearer b**ger the starer' I go along with the figure thing.
A tallish size 10/12 could get away with a playsuit.
I am 49 a size 12 but while I did in my 20's I wouldn't or couldn't now.
If it looks good on you then why not, I'm a ten and an average height and sadly the one I did buy to slim into for holidays does nothing at all for me and looks pretty hideous.
What's a playsuit? Sounds to me like the sort of attire you're wear in bed. :D
MDollar... examples here:

http://www.boohoo.com/clothing/shorts-+amp-playsuits/icat/shortsandplaysuits/?gclid=CKXzk829gakCFQod4QodwEPLSA

The latest craze coming over from the continent for the young 'uns is the return of the "all in one" - rather like these :

http://www.the-all-in-one-company.co.uk/

But without the ears, and worn everywhere!!

I've experienced this first hand as SS#5 brought his GF back from France the other week and she wore one all week (not the same one all the time!!)

ATB,J.
each to their own but it would be a big no no from me , i do admire people that feel comfortable and happy with what they wear regardless of age or shape .
I had a playsuit when I was in my early twenties and loved it

I had one too but hardly wore it - nor it's longlegged relative the jumpsuit - not because of how I looked in it but because it was such a faff going to the loo! All those buttons to undo and do up everytime not to mention the fact that even if it had a zip fsatening you still had to get virtually undressed when answering each 'call of nature'. Travelling round China and experiencing their literally very 'public' loos without doors made me realise that there's a reason why women the world over find skirts so convenient. :D

SM
I think if you look good in something and you feel happy wearing it then why not!

I wouldn't worry about what others thouhgt about what I wear, I never have, although I personnlay don't like those all in one playsuit things.

Talking of playsuits the funniest thing I saw was full sized adult "babygrows" in Primark - pink fluffy ones for women and tiger striped ones for men! Now that I would find ridiculous - just the thought of my husband in a tiger striped babygrow makes me giggle :rofl
Crikey I can remember these the first time around and I agree with Sma, they're a pain having to nearly get undressed for a pee and hold it all up from falling onto the floor and into someone else's pee.

Personally, I think there comes a time when you have to consider what you actually look like in certain clothes, and whilst I admire the "I don't care what others think attitude", there's nowt worst than someone trying to keep up with fashion designed for the young un's, when they neither have the looks or the figure anymore.

Grey hair, cellulite and playsuits. :yikes

Sanji x
I think if you have the figure for it and dont look 900 years old..then why not. You should wear what you feel comfortable in anyway and should not give a flying figadora what anyone else thinks..

I am still seen in a wetsuit!! :rofl
Thanks all, great comments . I am lucky in that I have a small frame , ( no boobage to speak of !!) and I hope I don't look ancient in the face too ! Have always looked after my skin and slapped on the high factor, don't get me wrong, no way do I look 20 , but I don't despair over the way I look .
Think I'll send off for one and see what the crack is, though I have taken into consideration the 'going for a wee' problem !
cheers all, will let you know how I get on, thanks for all your feedback :tup
Thanks for the links Mersey..I must say I do like them and wouldn't mind getting a couple for my hols. I wonder if they sell them in Primark? It would be much easier for me than ordering them online only to find they don't look right on me. :)
Kedi Yavrusu wrote:
the funniest thing I saw was full sized adult "babygrows" in Primark - pink fluffy ones for women and tiger striped ones for men!

Like those on my second link, above (without the ears!!)

ATB,J.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.