Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Alcohol
11 Posts
Hi jaout,

Can't find a current price for Southern Comfort at the moment, but here are some current Metro prices for similar imported US liquors (including DDC [VAT]) for comparison:

Jack Daniels 1 litre = 40.70 Leva
Jim Beam 1 litre = 28.28 Leva
Wild Turkey 0.7 litre = 28.79 Leva
Jim Beam 0.7 litre = 20.75 Leva

Baldur
Thanks for that Baldur. Can you tell me though, what is Wild Turkey?
Can you tell me though, what is Wild Turkey?

'Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey', according to the label - see HERE for more info.

Baldur
Might have to look out for some of that. Thanks again
Just as a follow up. Southern Comfort is available in the local supermarkets in sunny beach but it doesn't actually work out any cheaper than here at home. This is the same with most branded spirits.
This is the same with most branded spirits.

Yup, they have to be imported - it's the local brands which are significantly cheaper, e.g. around 8 Leva for a litre of vodka.

Baldur
OH NO Baldur you've sussed me, 2 bottles returned with me early this morning of that very same stuff. A litre bottle for 8.43lev
2 bottles returned with me early this morning of that very same stuff. A litre bottle for 8.43lev

Bit cheaper, if you'd bought 6.... ;)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/JP1948/SavoyVodka.jpg
My wife would nearly always buy Flirt vodka when in Bulgaria roughlyhow much is it this year.

Tom
Hi Tom,

None of my online price sources sell Flirt but it's produced in Bulgaria (in Plovdiv, from memory), so should be a similar price to the other local vodka brands - e.g. Savoy, Mary Jane, Targovishte, etc. Prices only tend to increase dramatically for imports, e.g. from Poland & Russia, such as Sobieski, Stolichnaya, Russian Standart, etc.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.