Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Haven't stayed there myself but untill you get some replies have a look here for some of the bars etc nearbye.

Have a nice one
I went to costa del for 2 weeks last july. I walked past the apartments your going to stay, ok it does look a bit 'old fashioned' on the outside but on the inside it looked really clean and well done out :)
We stayed in the don jose apartments. There is no beaches as such, just nice scenery but great places to scuba dive and snorkle. The town Las Galletas has some good bars and resturants. In costa itself there is a strip with also a good choice of bars and places to eat. It is classed as quite, but a good place for a relaxing holiday, just a short taxi ride of 5 - 10 minutes to the golf de sur or los chritianos.
We stayed at the Coral Mar complex in Silencio for 10 days at the end of January, its about a 100 yards from Alondras park and contains about a dozen bars and restaurants. (Even a euro bar!)
The best natural beach is at el Medano a 20 minute bus ride along the coast towards the airport. (But it can be very windy).
Silencio it self is quite with no late night life but everyone is friendly and helpful, just beware of the large mounds of dog muck left laying around late at night. (yuck)
we also stayed in don jose, the restaurant on the corner of that street was quite nice(i think it was called the Mayflower or something similar) Our best meal was at the Totam restaurant on the corner of the strip, the chinese a little further down the road is also ok. Silencio means silent and it is very quiet, no beach to speak of but some nice walkes on the cliff tops.we also found lots of Dog poo, you may need a small torch at night. Enjoy your hols
We were in Club Marina in Costa del Silencio for a week at the beginning of February. Its quiet but OK . You can walk into Las Galletas which has shops and bars, there is a bit of paved walkway by the sea. There is a very good restaurant called Vaio Moai ?? its on the beach/ harbour at las galletas at the far end , looks like an old coastguard station or something. Its a bar as well , its on the theme of the Easter Islands and is very relaxing. Also in TenBel ( Costa del Silencio) we had a meal at Totem ( Italian/pizza) which was very good and went twice to a tapas bar just at Coral de Mar run by a German chap called Tomas, food excellent . There is a huge seawater pool in TenBel which I think anyone can use - day we found it it was raining- but no beach at all, a bit of a walkway along the sea at the backs of the apartments and hotels. A big hill on the sea, a proper path to the top and you get great views and you can walk toewrds Golf del Sur through countryside along tracks but it would be a long walk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.