General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The Canaries are great in autumn/winter, but don't expect to pay Turkish-style prices for drinks/food etc. It's still cheaper than at home but you will probably grumble anyway if you are used to Turkish prices.
I'm a huge Lanzarote fan - the people there seem friendlier than in Tenerife, and it's not so full of rowdy lager louts. It's good for families too :D
What about the Gambia? Six hour flight. You can check the weather for previous years on http://www.wunderground.com
I've been twice and would go again.
What about Tunisia or Morroco, Egypt or The red sea.
hi there Tony - we are going to the Red Sea next year (school easter holidays) - we also normally go to Turkey End may Half term and then take the extra week out of school(with permission of course) but after this year it will not be so easy as coursework/GCSE time is upon our children (not looking forward to that one bit!!). Dont want to go to Turkey during the summer holidays - tooooooooooooooo hottttttttttttt - :( - so we have plumped for the Red Sea at Easter which apparently is hot all year - check out the Eygpt forum it looks Fab and gets great reviews and is becoming really popular now with good prices :D :D

lyn
sorry me again - i forgot to say - October is suppossed to be one of the best times for the Red Sea. Lovely hot (not too hot) and the Sea should be lovely and warm if you like snorkelling/diving. :D

lyn
Tony
What about Cyprus even perhaps the north then you could still get your Turkish Fix
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.