Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
My parents did it by coach donkeys years ago. :shock:

I also did it by train three times, but it was a long haul.

We made it part of our holiday, we left London after work on a Friday and timed it so that we could spend the Saturday in Paris. Then caught a train from Paris to Spain (Port Bou) that evening, that way you sleep overnight in a couchette and wake up in Spain in the morning. We then spent the Sunday travelling down through Spain (wonderful way to see a country) and arrived in Malaga Railway Station Sunday night. 48 hours from the start. :shock:

This was many years ago and I am sure you could 'speed it up' if you wanted to. We did it DIY, but I would imagine a good travel agent could book it all for you. We travelled part of the journey home on a brilliant upmarket train called the "Talgo", probably a bit like our Eurostar is now.

Happy Days, Doe :D
It wouldn't be the quickest way but I've always fancied getting the Santander ferry to the north and then making my way overland either by road or rail down through inland Spain to end up in Andalucia

SM
Thanks.. santander sounds good, but the train just edges it!
I drove it in 1986 when there were no motorways. It tookk 15 hrs Santander to Fuengirola
It takes me 4 days/3 nights driving and ferrying from Scotland to Estepona
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.