Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I always hire a car when i stay in fuengirola, i have booked through holiday autos and carjet picking up the car at the airport, both companies have been very good and the pick up has been hassle free. I find driving in spain easy and pleasurable. Its an easy drive up the coast to nerja very straightforward. I actually drove up to sevilla a couple of years ago again it was a straightforward drive, it did get a bit busy once into the centre but no more hassle than driving in a major city in england. I would prefer to hire a vehicle than to plan for public transport as it gives you that bit more flexibility. I cant advise on the buses as ive not used them, if i was following your itinary i would certainly use a hire car this would solve the problem of finding a convienient bus or train.
Thanks for the info. I was debating between bringing the car back to Malaga or taking it up to Sevilla for the week so that I can drive back to Malaga airport on my own. However, I have been told that parking in the city is a hassle/expensive. I really wouldn't use the car during the week,just leave it parked. I will be staying off of Republica de la Argentina, near the Parque de los Principes. I'd like to know if there is parking nearby and how much it would cost. All in all it would be easier to have the car, despite paying for parking. One consideration is that I would have to have access to the car at 4:30am to be able to catch my flight.
Try the following link it might give you some idea of parking in sevilla, including Republica De La Argentina, i only went for a day and parked in the plaza de espana which i didnt have to pay for and as it was on the public highway was no problem with acsess to the car.
http://www.sol.com/en/modulo.asp?idSubTipoCont=804&idPoblacion=2
Thanks!! Any idea how I could find out the hours of operation for parking near Republica de la Argentina?
It does state when giving the prices a maximum of 10 hours up to 24 hours so i would assume its open 24 hours. You could use the following link click on contact and e-mail your question to the tourist board.

http://www.spain.info/uk/TourSpain
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.