Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Have you paid the flight in full up front ? Presumably so if it is a flight only booking. I think you need to ring travel republic asap and ask them. Fingers crossed they will allow you to change it with an amendment fee but I think it may depend on the type of flight you have booked i.e. if it was a fully flexible fare. Have you read the terms and conditions attached to your booking surely it would have the details in there?
The issue will be whether Turkish Airlines will allow amendments for the type of ticket you have booked. If they will then I can't see TR refusing to let you do it, but if the airline doesn't allow amendments then you there is nothing that you or TR can do about it. If that is the case you will have not alternative but to cancel and re-book.

Again, depending on the type of ticket booked you might only get a refund of the taxes paid but nothing more. Also, depending on your reasons for changing the flight you might or might not be able to claim against your holiday insurance for the cost of the cancelled flight. The thing you need to remember is that your contract is with Turkish Airlines, not TR, so you need to check their T&Cs for type of ticket you hold to see if amendments/changes etc are allowed. You should find the info on your ticket.

SM
Ah, I see, thank you for all that information, I have not realised re TA, I will check with them re terms. I'm almost sure we can't change, but will have a look. Can I blame my OH!!! lol... We will get there in the end.x
The fare rules will determine whether you can amend, but unless you paid a lot for the ticket (probably not on TR site) it's likely a non changeable ticket.
If you can change, it till be whatever the increase in fare is, if any, plus any admin fees from both the airline and TR.
Hi, thanks for the replies. Just found out the cost is £50 per person to TA and £20 per person from TR. There is no difference for the dates we want, but at an additional £210 we will work it out :-)

Booked in haste you see.x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.