Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
I will be strong! Many thanks everyone you are so helpful - I hope to meet some of you when I'm out there! :D
Sorry, Kazza
Didn't mean to worry you. I just remember reading it somewhere last year so I rang them and booked the airport transfer at the same time.
I may have seen it in the t & c's but it was definately there.
Helen
Hope you have a wonderful holiday Kazza and if you end up thinking about buying, which you probably will because you'll love it so much, then there is a week at anfi beach club on the anfiuk owners club for £3500!!!! Ten grand cheaper than my stepfather paid for his.

We're giving it serious consideration at the moment!

Have a wonderful holiday! Thats the day I move into my new home so I'm incredibly jealous that I'll be lugging boxes about and not lying on that beautiful white beach!

Catherine x
Hi this was our frist trip to anfi on arriving at the airport got taxi to anfi was expecting 40 euros but was charged 55 euros we were riped off it sort of put a damper on the rest of the holiday as we did not trust cab drivers as we had to get back to the airport we put 55 euros by but we were charged 40 euros so not all cab drivers are trying to rip you off
but we will not be going back the anfi was not for us
Aw, sorry to hear that youdidn't like the Anfi, Sue. We love it and are going on 9th August. Did you get a cab from the airport rank or did you pre book. Should be about EU46 but Benito is charging about 40.
Helen
Kazza, re letting the Anfi know when you are arriving I found this on yhe Monte Anfi members aite (knew I'd seen it somewhere.
Edit
quote removed. Sorry, you can not copy from another site onto here. You can however provide a link to that forum.
Fiona Ht mod

Hope this helps
Helen
hi,can any one tell me how the room nos go at monte anfi? for example would apt 600 be on floor 6?thanks
Yes.
All 600 rooms are on the 6th floor.
This is about the lowest level at Monte Anfi where you will get a good view down to the beach and Anfi island
thank you fenman,just in process of buying a resale week there on that floor so thats good
Boots,

I hope you will consider joining the Anfi UK Members' Group when you have bought.
There is lots of useful information that is invaluable to Anfi Owners

http://www.anfiuk.co.uk
yes fenman,will do have found it really usefull,and of course people on this site are great :D
  • Edited by boots 2006-07-06 08:42:52
Boots - I have the map of Monte here. We are on a Wednesday exchange which, according to the map should be (looking from Puerto roof) away from the pools amongst the gardens in the 6 storey (low) block to the far right.
Monte is in 3 - 4 blocks with block A ranging from 8 - 10 floors, Block B 8 - 10, block C 7 - 8 and block D (as I callit and has the Wed exchanges) 5 - 6. These include the penthouses.

The Appt nos run from left to right along the entire length of the complex regardless of the block. So, the ground floor runs Thus:101 - 108 (no104) is Block A 109 - 120 (no 113) =B 121 - 128 (no125,6) = block C as I call it.

Second floor: 201 - 208 (no 204) = A 209 - 220 (no 213) = block B
221 - 232 (no 225 or 231) = block"C" /"D"

The floors continue like this. The missing appartment nos are the walk ways thro although the rows from floor 7 are complete.
Floor 6 runs thus : 601 - 608 (no 604) =A B=609 - 620 ( no 613 ) C/D = 621 - 631 (no 625)

Hope this helps
Helen
thanks helen,so we will be in block b,do you no if its near the pools or what sort of view we will get?not that it matters to much,the most important thing to us is the space we will have in the apt,we usually have a hotel room for 4 of us
Boots we spent our second week in block B last year. It is slap bang by the 2 main pools by the MonteVista bar depending on which end of the block. We were on the 9th floor about 910 if I remember right and were second in from the left when looking from the pools. That had the most spectacular views but the walkways and waiting for the liftwas too high for me....pathalogical fear of heights. Although I was ok in the glass lift! you look directly down onto the roof of Puerto on which there are gardens. If we looked hard right we could se Shangri-la and its gardens(Bjorn Lyngs' old house)
Helen
Second Fenman on that one....a brilliant site!

Sorry - meant to say we didn't see just the Puerto roof but also had spectacular views of the sea and Island. I assume that the 6th floor would be similar.
H
great,thanks so much for info.cant wait :D
boots,

We spent a week in April at Monte Anfi on the 3rd floor in block B. Good views of the pools and bar area but the lower apartment doesn't allow views to the coast. Your 6th floor apt should be good.

After the bar Happy Hour finishes at 6.00pm the whole area at Monte goes quiet and you need to be down on the plaza or at the Beach Club for a drink :lol:
thanks guys,i really liked the beach club but have found a good deal
at monte.fingers cross it goes through ok,bit daunting.will keep you informed
hi everyone,well the paperwork is ready for me to send off(along with cheque)for the resale i am buying.just a bit unsure after reading crimeshare,and also the amount of resales that have gone on sale in the last week.is this the norm for so many people selling,or is it because anfi are not buying back at mo?really want to buy as loved the place and no we would be happy holidaying there.what are your thoughts?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.