Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I had a quick serach (top of page) for any post metioning Angela's and there are several posts which might be of intrest to you however it is mentioned as being opposite Kingfisher villa if that helps

Angela's Guest Fort Aguada Road, Candolim, Dando, Bardez Goa.

Google maps http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Angela+s+Guest+House+candolim&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41018144,d.d2k&biw=1128&bih=661&wrapid=tlif135824928747910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=Qj31UNqyH6qw0AWwmoC4CQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA
remind me, is Ganesh shack straight at the bottom of beach rd near silver sands?
If so you may want to look at Alexandras opposite Infernos.
Not massive rooms but good beds and clean with good friendly staff.
del949
Ganesh shack is at the bottom of Whispering Palms road, great shack, great people, great food.
Ah OK, so Alexandras is way too far for GEC
Thanks for the replies.
I thought Kingfisher Villa was at the Sinquerim end of Candolim but when I looked on Google Earth it looks like it is up past Casa Seashell near the Lemon Tree resort?
When I looked up Angela's Guest House on Google maps it looks like it's in Calangute, not Candolim.
Oh dear I'm a bit confused now. (I'm easily confused regarding locations.) My OH says I have a negative sense of direction!)
Hi GEC
Kingfisher villa is indeed at the Sinquerim end of Candolim.....
Thanks Preacher, that's where I thought it was.
Gail
GEC wrote:
Thanks for the replies.
I thought Kingfisher Villa was at the Sinquerim end of Candolim but when I looked on Google Earth it looks like it is up past Casa Seashell near the Lemon Tree resort?
When I looked up Angela's Guest House on Google maps it looks like it's in Calangute, not Candolim.
Oh dear I'm a bit confused now. (I'm easily confused regarding locations.) My OH says I have a negative sense of direction!)

I thought Angelas was in Calangute as well. I could have sworn that it was opposite the Kingstork( where we stayed) Perhaps there are two?
The only Angela's I know of and I think the one Gail is after is the one I saw on a walkabout last season. It is on the Fort Aguada road, the same side as the Stonehouse and further on from the school - more or less opposite The Curry House. Opposite Angela's is a small lane that takes you down to Palm & Sands which you can walk through and down on to the beach, not too much of a walk from there to Ganesh shack,
Gail - I'm sure Alan has a card with contact details on, so will be in touch with him and let you know asap.
just been googling and it seems to me that there are two.
Angela's guest house candolim
Angela guest house calangute
TA has some pics of the Candolim one , one showing the mobile phone number if its any use.
Hi Gail

Spike's description of the location is spot on. We got back yesterday having stayed at the Lucia Beach Guest House which isn't far from Angela's. We also use Ganesh shack and if you walk along the main road it will take you about 15-20 mins. If you cut through one of the small tracks to the beach and walk along the beach instead it will take about 10-15 mins.

Claire
So there are two Angelas.That's why I was confused. The one I'm interested in is near the Curry house.
Phil, I have an email address and I contacted Arthur from Angelas and they have rooms available. I emailed Hardip and Anthony from JJ's as well and they also have rooms free.
I checked out the reviews on TA for Angelas and they are good. Its' cheaper than JJ's but further from Ganeshs.
Now we'll have to decide which to choose.
I like the Stonehouse and Curry house. It might be nice to try somewhere different and a little walk every day might be a good thing. Lol
Thanks so much for all your help. Everyone is so friendly and helpful on this site. It's great.
Gail xxx
I can thoroughly recommend Angelas, have been going to Goa for 18 years now and for the last 4 have stayed at Angelas, we wouldnt stay anywhere else. The apartments and studios are immaculately kept, Arthur and his Mum can't do enough for you without being intrusive, and as you say the prices are very very good.

Angelas is directly opposite Tiger Bar and Cyber Cafe, just a little way up from Kingfisher Villa. Shivers restaurant is just behind the apartments, if you choose an apartment on the right hand side of the house you can enjoy the entertainment at Shivers from your balcony.Would recommend Shivers for lovely meals and ambience, Tuscany Gardens is also very close by. For excellent value and very varied menu the Curry House is also just a step away.
There is a small shop just a little way down the road which stocks most essentials.

We normally use the track to the beach alongside the Santana Hotel which takes you to Calamari shack, turn right and Ganesh is just a little way along.

I love the Sinquerim end of Candolim, its like the old Candolim of years ago, but just a few minutes walk away from the busier areas.

Have a great holiday :cheers
Gail, i have a few cards for guesthouses around that area. On my numerous wee walks around town i often go in for a wee nose around at some of the rooms. Give me a buzz if you want any details. I only keep the cards of the ones i like, ie space/cleanliness/location and of course price.
Thanks Roxey We're looking for somewhere friendly, quiet, clean and convenient and Angelas sounds just right.

Alan, Thanks for that, I think we'll give Angelas a try this time. It's a shame we didn't make it last year and you and Jackie aren't going this season. Would have been good to catch up.

Gail
Got Angelas booked. Bring on the sunshine :) :sun2
Thanks for all your help.
Gail
You wont go wrong at Angelas its were we stay, very very clean, fridge in room, beds changed every other day, and cant wait to be there on monday for 6 weeks,ps if you need to get from airport Arthur will do pick up if you email him hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.