Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
hello everybody hubby just booked last minute hol.... been costa del sol before but not fuengirola. . . staying in angela hotel going this thursday.. any info on best room in hotel.. do i need to take kettle... also any good bars for any cabaret or any other entertainment drag acts etc... any info at all would be appreciated. i know i could look on here and prob get all info need.. but as you can see really late deal and not got time any help appreciated ... thanx.. :que :rofl :)
Hi sweepy

Email address is recepcion@hotel-angela.com

It's a lovely hotel and in a nice area, I was there 5 years ago.

Chelle
:sun2 just got back from Fuerngirola yesterday ... sorry we did not stay at this hotel, but we liked Fuengirola anyhow... Hope u do too... If you want to go to a shopping mall then get a bus from the high street, either F1 -F4 which will say miramar this drops you right outside of it... these run @ quarter two the hour and quarter past the hour...

If you love shopping then u must visit... :rofl

have a good time :cheers

Curlylocksm
thankyou so much for your quick replies.. very helpful any more info anybody appreciated.. p.s. what was weather like .. :) :tup :rofl
Hi,

I stayed at the Angela in December - very comfortable hotel - pool towels and tea/coffee making facilities supplied also a free safe in the room.

The best rooms to be in are on the side facing the pool - the ones on the other side don't get any sun at all at this time of the year. HTH
Hi ,Can anyone that has stayed at the Angela tell me if there is a lift down to the entertainment room as I have been told there may not be and I cannot climb stairs now.
Hi sweepy2 ... the weather was good... temperatures were about 19-21 degrees... we have got white bits!! :rofl but it is not bikini weather really... very nice though... hope this helps and have a good one :tup

Curlylocksm
hello everyone :que

Can somebody advise on whether it is worth paying for a sea view room at the Hotel Angela in fuengirola. It costs £112 more than a standard room with limited sea view. On the website page all the rooms look they are facing the sea. I would be grateful if anyone has been and can offer advice. Thanks Marie
Hello,

Has anybody stayed at the Hotel Angela in Fuengirola?

I've been looking for 2009 Spanish holidays and keep coming back to the Hotel Angela in Fuengirola, I think it looks very nice. I've never been to Costa del Sol before.

Kay.
Hi

I have stayed at the hotel angela 3 times, went last august..one word brill!!

Rooms are cute and spanish, go for a pool view room the higher the better sun all day, and nice views,.

Food is good lots of choice great brekkie nice sausages english. I liked the omlettes yum yum

Entertainment is great aimed at older clientel I am 37 and still enjoyed it. the staff are sooo friendly and very helpful, they booked me a table at a restaurant in mijas bless them save me doing it.

No kids allowed now its adult only BLISS!!

We were gunna go this august there but prices have gone up alot tsince last year so we have booked the las palmeras been before, and that one is very central. los boliches where the angela is is a lovely little place and has some cute bars, on the back streets, my fave is bar latina, the beach is fab..

Enjoy you will not be dissopointed..
To read (or add) reviews of the Angela Hotel, please click here.

David :wave
Can anyone please tell me the meal times and is there a dress code for evening meal.
Hi

Im staying there on Aug 5th, Dress code for guys at dinner is no shorts, My partner wears his jeans, for women nothing to revealing ie Hotpants..as this has a more older clientle,and you would get some funny looks..enjoy its a lovely little hotel,and the staff are fantastic..role on 7 wks :sun2
Thanks kazza36, stayed in Los Boliches a few times, was there last in January, stayed at the confortel hotel (nice hotel, good food) was going to stay at the La Jabega next door to the Angela (friends staying there) saw the Angela on Thomsons website and it has only cost £108 each for the hotel at h/b for four nights, taking my 18 yr old son for a break after A-levels, hope there are some people under 60 (read to many reviews about it being full of old people), can you remember meal times and are pool towels provided.

re above, anyone able to answer please. :( also are the limited seaview rooms on the road side of the hotel and if I wish to change to poolside would I have to pay a supplement.

Thanks again. ;)
I emailed the angela for my poolview high floor room and they responded quickly mind you they know us cos we have been 5 times before you will love it,6 weeks for me cannot wait..:O) :sun2 try mumtaz indian across the road yummy indian food...lovely manager aswell, go in bar latino a lovely bar with great people running the 2 guys are so sweet and serve delish sangria,and there wine is delish too..also bob in upper crust for lunch yummy scrummy sandwiches and salads, im having a pre lunch pack lunch from them for the airport on my return home..save me loads of dosh from buying at rip off malaga airport..
Sweet 42 if you want sun and a sea view opt for the pool side and send request you will get one, we always do, the other side does not get sun in the afternoon, the full sea view rooms are only at a supplement however you may get one if you request it, but dont bank on these cos they are normally as I have said a supplement charge for them..but boy do they have a full sea view..right opposite the beach...the hotel does stand in one of the best location in los boliches and a stones throw away from the beach reason why we choose this hotel..
Meal times as remembered are between 7.30 - 10.30am for brekkie 6.30 - 10.30pm for dinner, not sure as they may have changed thats what they were last year when my sister went, pool has limited sunbeds but the terrace upstairs has a fair few, be warned there is a queue in the morning for the best ones, and once you have one you have an hour to get all what you need or the rep takes the towel of your bed.you get pool towels also that we used for the beach, you also which is a bonus get free coffee and tea making facilities in your room, which is another reason for staying here, and a free safety deposit box which in the las palmeras where we normally stay cost around 30 quid a week, so another reason for goin back to the angela, in reference to you mentioning the jabega that is across the road,and alot of the guests that stay at the angela use the jabega outside bar, I went one day for a coffee found it a tad expensive but at night it really does come alive..which Im sure you already know, back to the angela, also remember if you want to stay around the pool it has a really good cafe where you can have a bite to eat instead of goin out for lunch especially if you want to keep your sunbed, and also lovely cold beer, which in all its not really that badly priced either they have lovely burgers and ofcourse sandwiches, you can eat inside the cafe with lovely aircon..

Happy hours there are 3, 1 in the day inside the lounge bar, and at night 1 in the club downstairs,then 1 upstairs after that one, they serve free nibbles and crisps with your happy hour at night...the staff are just amazing...very friendly and watch oout for the mad line dancing waiter..

The beach beds are 4.50 each with a brolly, but the lady who runs them is lovely and always remembers my mum, eve nthough she is spanish she always chatters in spanish to my 80yr old mum,they do love the pensioners...

If you need anymore help drop me a pm, your goin before me, so keep me posted if there is anything I might need to know before my trip in august.. :sun2
In reference to Age Im 39 and I love it, yes you do get older clientle but they are up for a laugh and are very friendly and believe me they are still up dancing when Ive gone up to my room at 12.30am.haha It has a warm homely feel, and I also like that it feels safe..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.