General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Jilly, I go on singles holidays most years. Haven't been to Greece on one but I think I know what she might be after. 51 is about average age so whoever she chooses to go with she will have plenty other people around same age group.

I have been with:

Solos - they do very popular holidays to Skiathos and I believe also Rhodes. Their holidays always have a host to look after the group and sometimes the groups can be large, as in over 30 persons. Their holidays are broken down into age groups as well if this is an issue.

Friendship Travel - do some lovely standards of hotels, I believe more higher end than Solos and also offer what they call house parties, which is not as the name suggests a big booze up, but is just that they use a smaller hotel and all the guests are with Friendship. They also have hosts throughout the trip but keep the groups smaller to a max of about 20. New destinations in Greece this year of Mykonos and Paros of a high standard but they have very popular hotels in Lindos, Rhodes which she might want to look at.

TravelOne tend to be much more value for money but their reps would tend to be from local agents and not accompanying the group at all times after the first night/welcome party but are contactable obviously should there be any problems - more like your ordinary holiday rep although I have been to a hotel in Dalyan, Turkey with them where the rep is like part of the group and is around every day at meal times and does become a friend.

I also know of a hotel called the Mistral in Crete which is a totally singles hotel which operates independently. I know a few people who have had great holidays there.

She may also like to have a look at Solitair which is one I haven't used as yet.

All of them have websites and you can request they send out a brochure.
Thank you so much for your help, you have been wonderful :cheers I will pass the info on to her. Funny you mention Dalyan, thats where im going this year with my husband.................cant wait. Thanks again, Jill xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.