Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
i've been doing this for the last 2 years since my partner died.
the first time on the coach was very strange as i was put next to a family group who treated me as an outsider and just basically ignored me. but i have now discovered the joys of an mp3 player and will not travel anywhere now without one.it would have been a godsend on that journey as ferris did not have individual headphones.
another time was at christmas when HTOP allocated seating for meals as the hotel was full and put all the single people on different tables so we were all made to sit with family groups, most of whom treated you like an intrusion.
although now i fly to gerona-my partner was terrible flying- i would not rule out going by coach again.
i have also found that travelling on your own the dreaded single supplement comes in and this can seriously affect the price of your holiday.
i now book DIY and have found that it all works out much cheaper that way, and i can travel on dates/times that i want and for the length of holiday i want.
i have made many friends during my trips to the costa brava, many locals and some from the UK.
my advice, go and enjoy the break; talk to everyone but be prepared for some couples to shun you as jealousy seems to rear its head.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.