Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, there is a good clean tattoo studio in Calangute, it is called Dragon studio and is down passed the old petrol station on the left. I am sure that any taxi driver would know it. 8)
There is one in Anjuna called Andy`s, I have seen some of his work and it was pretty good, the place looked clean too which is a must, again any taxi wallah will know were it is.
Thanks both of you - will look them up when i visit in December.
As someone that has had loads of tats done over the years the last place on earth i would consider having one done is in Goa.

The normal dirt and grime is enough to stop me having one done there, but add to that the heat and the sun which will cause its own problems with healing etc.

Aids is rife throughout india and goa and all it takes is one dodgy needle, whilst that can happen anywhere in the world at least the uk has some form of regulation etc.

edit

from another thread,, http://www.navhindtimes.com/articles.php?Story_ID=082070 would you wash any open wound in this ???? Yes you can use bottled water etc but depending on location it may mean that you dont shower due to contanimation.
Can only agree with above post.
IF you MUST have a tatoo done, at least have it done in the UK . At least here you will have a reasonable amount of protection from some of the blood carried diseases....... and there are some of these which are absolutely fatal not just AIDS.
No idea what a tat costs. but surely it can't be that more expensive to have it done at home with some protection.

del949
I have had 2 tatoos and nevr would I dream of getting one doen in goa. When you have them doen, you cant really expose them to the sun and heat, get one her at least 8 weeks before you go
I had one done at Calangute in March, at the place mentioned above, he did a great job & the shop is very clean! Its common sense, but I had mine done on my last nigt, hours before flying home, so that it wasnt exposed to sun!
bellatrix what did you have done and what did it cost ???

The reason that i ask is that it probably isnt that much cheaper to have it done in goa than the uk if at all. And to be honest if the reason to get a tat done in goa is purely down to the cost difference then thats kinda mad anyway, at least in the uk you can check a number of shops out over a period of time (recommendations etc) and inspect teh quality of work, you wont have that luxery on a 2 week holiday and are just asking for trouble.

Also whilst getting it done on your last night is a way of stopping a lot of the issues depending on the location of the tat would you really want to spend 10hours plus sitting in cattle class with a day old tat :shock: .
Hi I am having mixed feelings now!
I was only thinking of having a tat done in Goa as it's the kind of thing I would probably not have done here, not bothered about saving money.
I would think of it as a kind of holiday souvenir , I had a tattoo in Thailand and it is fine , i think of it as a momento of Thailand and wanted something similar from Goa.
However, if the hygene there is an issue I will probably get one next time I go to Thailand, thanks again
Are you out of your mind? Been to Goa loads of times and this is the LAST place I would get a tatoo. Work it out yourself why!
I met someone who got blood poisoning from a tattoo done in Goa. He became ill back home and they reckoned it was the water used to clean the needle that had done the damage. Problem is, even if they are checked by anyone, which I doubt, and there is a problem, a small bribe would fix it. Also I would be wary about going in the sea with a fresh tattoo.

I am sure that lots of people have had wonderful tattoos done in Goa, but I will never be one of them.
hiya

i had a tattoo done last year at Andys in Anjuna.

Was a bit scared about getting it done over there but its been fine.

Going back this year to get my other one sorted out.

keira x x x
Personally I hate tattoos but my husband had one done last year in Calungute. Can't remember the name of the place - but the guy there runs a palour in Bradford during the Summer and returns to Goa in the winter - very clean - and only uses clean needles - ie opens them from a sterile pack at time of doing tattoo. Also covered the tattoo with sterile dressing, told my husband what soap and antiseptic cream needed to keep clean - and he had not problems. The parlour may be Dragon - not sure but very good! NB we asked to see his needles/dressing/equipment before having the tattoo and he was only too happy to show us.
Andy in Anjuna is fine he actually comes from my home town!! I know a lot of people who have had tattoos done there but not convinced it is hugely cheaper??
:?: chilly
Yep me and the other half had tats done at the dragon studion in calangute, he is from manchester in the summer months and goes to goa during the winter time as its busiest at those times, he opened all the sterile equipment in front of us, and gave us alot of care and concern and talked us thru the aftercare etc. My tat is nothing but beautiful, I had flowers trailing down my hip, it cost £50 and they charge on size as opposed to time taken, like in the uk. It was bloomin painfuland at one point i did nearly pass out but i am just a wimp, smoggie just sat there and took it like a man.

My advice, look at the equiment before hand and if in any doubt, walk out.
I trust my first instincts and i was right. Smoggie came home and had another one done in middlesbrough and its patchy so he has to go back and get it re-done..not like that in goa, goes to show!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.