Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
yes
As previously posted. 4 more from Yorkshire going out 4th June. Staying near you in Siesta at Aldea Bonsai. Wife , My brother and my son. Daughter and boyfriend joining us 11th June for week in San An Bay at Marina Palace. Car hire for 2 weeks. Looking forward to fishing nearby plus touring eating and drinking and just unwinding at last.
RU anywhere near Roundwood Sports Complex,(Parkgate FC)?
Me my husband and two kids going to ibiza aquadial apartments in santa ellulia, 4th June, never been before so this will be a first.
Sorry about the spelling, hopeless. we chose this area as its supposed to be great for kids and no trouble. Have a good time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Santa Eulalia is very good of families in terms of safety. The actual town though it more adult orintated with some very nice resturants and clothes shops, that sort of thing. The bars in the evening are geared up towards a relaxing evening as well, if there is any entertainment it is usually geared to the adult (nothing rude :D - well maybe!) crowd. Last time I was there (I lived there for 6 months as well) there was no water sports or sun beds on the beach.

Kids will probably really enjoy ES CANA which is literally just down the road and you can get a bus there (http://www.ibizabus.com) cheaply, there you will find a beach with loads of water sports and sun beds and more children friendly entertainment. I don't know if its still there but they used to be a bar in ES CANA called Moes Taven, as in the Simpsons cartoon.
We live in Wath upon Dearne, Penpusher, though know all the area well. Their isn't many fish in the river to catch, and the ones in the sea are by tha marina where you cannot fish from!!

We are looking to explore the area, but with 2 small kids will be limited to a degree, that is why we went half board, but I love food, and my Wife is a qualified Chef, therefore will be checking out some places for eats n drinx.

3 weeks now, cant wait!

Mark
thanks for your replies, feel a little put off now about going, will use those buses, I believe there are water taxes as well.

Carol
thanks for your replies, feel a little put off now about going, will use those buses, I believe there are water taxes as well.

Carol

Only just noticed where you are staying.... to make you feel better I know the hotel you are staying at well... its an excellent hotel for kids, probably the best in the area, really friendly and great family entertainment on a night time... well at least it was when I was working for the company that provided that entertainment! :D Its a short walk down to the beach front, probably around 10 minutes down quite a steep hill and probably around 15 minutes into town. There are a couple of bars and cafes directly across the street from this hotel which are nice.

Water taxis depart from the other side of Santa Eulalia than you, you probably have a 20 to 30 minute walk to get to those, but that is through the town or along the beach with its many refreshment stops and its well worth the walk...

Actually the description they give for this hotel is a little misleading and I have heard others complain in the past about that. Its actually not in Santa Eulalia at all, but the information on the hotel says its in the "tourist area" of Santa Eulalia which I suppose is true. Its actually in the town of Siesta though, which is quite a residential area so it is free of the hustle of bustle of Santa Eulalia which can keep you awake at night! Siesta like I said before is just outside and across a small river from Santa Eulalia (not coutryside inbetween) and is on top of a hill. As I say though this will probably be made up for you though by the fact that it is also probably the best family hotels in the area.

I hope you enjoy your holiday, remember to come back on here and tell us your stories!
Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Will definitely let you all know what I think.

Carol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.