Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We have stayed in skopelos town lovely atmosphere evenings no beaches though town beach not nice you will be fine if you have a pool could go to alonisos on boat trip skiathos is nice you will fly into there nice to look round
We spent a week on Skopelos staying at the Skopelos Village just a 10/15 minute stroll from the town centre. Very different island to Skiathos, much less touristy. There are plenty of beaches but mostly stoney.
The town beach is sandy but not very attractive although it was clean. Skopelos town is lovely and popular for Greek weddings. A long footpath with many steps at one end of the town passes 40+ churches on the way to the top. Like the previous poster we visited Alonissos for a day. We particularly wanted to visit the seal hospital there. Its at Steni Valla and consists of a caravan and a bath tub ! No seals when we visited but a few fish tavernas on the waterfront. Most of Mama Mia was filmed on Skopelos, we also recognised bits filmed on the Pelion & Skiathos both of which are worth a look. As usual we rented a car which was a good idea to see most of the island in a week. Enjoy your holiday.
I realize this thread is long dead but I'd just like to add that Skopelos is perfection. Totally untouristy. Very few youngsters go there. Peaceful and quiet. Lovely beaches. Also very green. Wonderful walks along hilly paths.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.