Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
i dont know which numbers you are trying but hear are a few

Sales Only
0871 472 8880 Mon-Fri:09:00 till very late Sat-Sun:09:00 till very late

Admin/Ticket Enquiries: 0871 472 8570 Mon-Fri:09:30-17:30 Sat:09:30-16:00 Sun:Admin closed

XL Information Line 0871 472 8780 Mon-Fri: 10:00-17:30 Sat: 09:30-16:00 Sun: 11:00-16:00

hope this helps

wizard
yes shes tried all those inc sales number who were quite abrupt and said they would put her through and when they did she got the same answer machine message and again got cut off !!! :duh
unfortunately with the glut of recent failures most companies are extremely busy trying to sort everyone out.. :que
I know it's not much help, Karen when you are trying to get through on the phone, but could you send off a few emails as well.

If you print them out at least at a later stage you will have some kind of docmentary evidence that you did what you could to try and get in touch with them and sort this problem out.

You could also include a telephone number perhaps and ask them to contact you or your daughter as a matter of urgency, as the holiday is imminent. This XL collapse seems to have affected so many other organisations as well. The impact seems to be huge.

Good Luck, hope you get it sorted.
she eventually managed to talk to someone about 2 hrs ago and was promised a call back today, so far none i wont hold my breath, i was thinking about emailing too chris, looks like other people are getting rebooked witgh different companies and yet her holiday is only next week :que , we went into a travel agent this afternoon and the prices we were getting quoted were a joke over double what she paid and for b&b not all inc !!!!!! :yikes
Oh dear. It doesn't sound very promising. You would think that they would try and sort out things in date order, those with the earliest dates first, but it seems like when these things happen logic goes out of the window. Hope it gets sorted. Sounds like other companys are taking this as an excuse to hike prices.
chris i have found a diy for lykia for £983 and trans on top,which seems good as long as flight doesnt increase quickly, shes quite keen on that as when she came to my wedding she only stayed a week and didnt see all of it. her boyfriend doesnt like turkey very much ,hence not staying in our apt free, you cant tell these youngsters :duh , they both useless with money and want to be somewhere either all inc or like lykia if they run out of money they wont starve lol, so she will need to ask him first :que
Sounds like a plan Karen. I wouldn't post details of the flight on here or the next thing you know it will be gone. Flights seem to be going up on an hourly basis at the moment. At least you know the food will be good. Presumably she will get her money back from the original holiday via insurance or credit card at some point ?
sounds like a good plan karen but would your daughter get a full refund if fleetway do make other arrangements for the outbound flight . Im not sure about holiday insurance chris . Dont think it is the norm for them to pay out in these circumstances. :(

Where are they based karen . Is there a chance of driving to their office in an attempt to get some answers or is it on the otherside of the country.
their address is oxford street london W1 but i have a feeling it may be a postal address only
chris she rang atol and they told her fleetway travel are responsible to give her a full refund and as they are a big company they shouldnt go burst too, but if they did she is covered with them too, rang my bank they wont refund the deposit i paid around £425 without proof from either atol, abta or the travel agent, you end you going round in circles. they didnt ring back as promised so she re rang them at 5pm and was told they will ring by 8pm, i have a bad feeling its a fob off :duh , i bet these flights to turkey do go up , not a lot she can do unless i pay yet again, but getting money off her is horrendous and as i dont work and she does dont see why i should be left to pay for this, sounds harsh but shes left home now too and is a manager of a retail shop so gets a good wage, but is always broke :que
lyn this is the link to their website, they are in london about 90 mins from us

http://www.fleetwaytravel.com/

i did a crafty thing today, i rang them pretending to be a new customer, they answered straight away , bl---y typical when they want your money, anyway they couldnt offer me any packages for 24th or 25th sept, think emmas flight is 25th, only 27th for £799 each, 30th £699 each and they only paid £766 for both of them , prices have doubled :yikes
no i hadnt seen that ,but pasted this

Anyone travelling up to the 25th September will be contacted today and offered an alternative holiday

she hasnt been contacted yet :que

and the turkey flight has gone up £14 but thats in a few hours grrr
Mmmm. Says that people travelling from 25th onwards will be telephoned today on Lyn's link. Perhpas they might still be able to find something for her Karen. Mind you its 6.30pm now so unless they are working very long hours you would of thought they would have been in touch by now.

I can see where you are coming from on the money side of things. It's a difficult one.

Edit, sorry posting at the same time lol
chris it is difficult as ive lent her so much in the past and ive got a car loan out for her in my name and she just takes the mick, her father will not help her or lend her any money now as shes done the same to him oops, and my hubby will go mad if he thinks im lending her money too, you want to help your kids but i cant afford to have her not pay me back or take 8 mths to pay it back grrr :duh

they told her they will ring by 8pm tonight so lets see if they stick to their word, looks like they will try and persaude her to stay with them ,ive told her not to accept any old crap and ill check any hotels she gets offered, she was booked 5* all inc in sharm with a waterpark which sounded great doubt she will get anything as good at that now, :que
Hope fleetway ring back with something. Was it that Aqua Blu hotel ? or am I getting mixed up, I know there are a couple in Sharm that look lush in the brochures and have their own water parks.

I guess that flight to Turkey is just gonna go up and up.

Perhaps Fleetway have people working till 10pm, a lot of the travel companies do trying to sort this out.

I know what you mean always being able to get through on the new bookings lines. lol.
Had that with TC this year, after paid in full just couldn't get a final invoice from them to say I didn't owe anything. I rang and rang but no answer on customer services line. Tried booking line got straight through, would they transfer the call. Would they heck.

One turned up two days before travel and then a duplicate the day before travel. :que
emma has just rang me to say that fleetway rang her only to say they are trying to find her another flight and will ring back tomorrow before 1am, now im not being negative, but ive looked myself, asked in thomas cook travel agents and rang fleetway with pretend booking and nowhere was i offered or could find a flight on the 25th sept to sharm except with ba that was £1200 each lol, so we will see

its called Kiroseiz Three Corners Resort & Aquapark
Oh what a stressful time karen . why is it always us parents that seem to do all the worrying :banghead: . I have everything crossed for you and your daughter that something can be salvaged by tonight . Hopefully at least you will know if she still has a holiday with fleetway or alternatively she will get a full refund and you can carry on looking elsewher for her . Its far worse being in the dark, totally frustrated and unable to do anything .

:offtop I know but my 22 year old niece with a well paid london job is always about £500 overdrawn each month . Every month my sister in law bails her out for FREE :banghead: and she only earns £700 a month herself . My BIL doesnt know and works 7 days a week thinking they need the money to pay their own bills. He would have a fit if he knew the truth .
Doesn't sound too hopeful Karen if you and Thomas Cook have had a good look around for Sharm flights for the 25th and cant get anything at a sensible price. (1200 each to sharm with BA :yikes I would want the plane to myself for that price )

I can't see what fleetway are going to be able to come up with a day later, sounds like Turkey may end up being the best option, if the flight price holds for you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.