Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Naomi and Dusty
We are not going when you are, but we have just booked to go in November. We are really excited too. Lily Beach has had som :fly e really good reviews. Who have you booked with? We are flying with Britannia.

From Julie
Hi Julie,

We booked through Hayes and Jarvis at Holiday Hypermarket flying non-stop with Monarch. Don't really know much about the airline itself but as long as we get there in one piece!!

Have you been to Lily Beach before? Dusty's brother's been and says it's fantastic!!

Naomi
Hello ladies,

we're going to miss you by while ! We leave for our second visit to Lily Beach on 19th December. We were there during the Tsunami last Christmas and are going back to finish our holiday as we had to come home 5 days early.

You're going to love it - it really was our favourite holiday ever - and we go on holiday a lot! I even enjoyed the seaplane flight and to be honest that was the bit that I wan't looking forward to.

The monarch flights are not brilliant - but then none of the charters are unless you upgrade. We went last year with mytravel and have this year paid the same to fly with Sri lankan airlines, so charter isn't necessarily cheaper.

Tracy
Hi Naomi. This will be our first visit to the Maldives. I can't wait. I'm so excited. Can't seem to get enough photos of the place. Has Dusty's brother got any photos he could e-mail me pleeeeze? :D :)
Hi Julie,

Unfortunately Dusty's brother's photo's aren't digital, so can't send you any! :(

He did say that the diving / snorkelling were fantastic, the food was great and the staff looked after him and his girlfriend incredibly well, he couldn't praise it enough! He went 2 years ago and but to hear him talk about it, it could have been yesterday!

I will let you know what it's like first hand when we get back (but you'll have to wait until June!!) Wish we were going today!! :D

Naomi
Hi Naomi, Sean has sent me the photos. It was really kind of him. Can't wait to get snorkelling in that beautiful blue lagoon. Have either of you been to the Maldives before? If so, where did you stay?

Julie x :P

h
Hi Julie,

We've never been to the Maldives before so really excited to see what all the fuss is about!!! 8)

I've read some other postings - did you have an issue with bagage allowance? Our's is 20kg plus 5kg hand each.

Naomi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.