Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
To be honest $500 is a bit too much - you only need cash for tips and something to drink at Male airport. All other extras, including excursions, spa treatments etc are put on your room bill which you settle by credit card. I would say $150-200 will be ample.
Hi tykes
agree with Tracy on this one $500 is far too much, you will be billed at the end of your stay, what you have to pay for you will sign for therefore pay using your card, the exchange rate should be better.
cash is only needed for tips and the odd item you may buy in and around the airport.

Regards

Joe
You dont even need to take shoes !!
Ref shoes - not needed for Lily Beach - but STRONGLY recommended for Bandos (though flip flop type things are fine) - most of paths are brick there and get hot and uncomfortable under bare feet!!
I have heard from someone who went to Bandos this summer that it can be expensive at the bar and resturant so you will certainly need a card to pay.
I hope that is helpful.

Nols
When settling your bill at the end of your holiday, I know most people use their credit card, but I take it you can also pay in cash if you want?
Hi Paul

Yes they will accept US dollars as payment - choice is yours!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.