Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
off to the columbus in 7 days time! does anyone know how much it costs for a late checkout room, and to hire a safety deposit box?
Deposit Box is €10 deposit and €2 per day.
hiya, i was just wondering now if anyone has any information on the aparthotel columbus, me and my boyfriend are going for the first time to Tenerife on new years eve for a week. i have read lots of reviews all been helpful, although i was wondering which side of the hotel i would be best at for quiet and sunshine on my balcony and maybe even a nice veiw?

dont know if i could get all that but you never know, although i wouldnt be greatly dissapointed if this is not possible as i dont spend too much time in the room any way, just when cooking breki in the mornings its nice to eat it on the balcony and getting ready to go out in the evening, its nice to be able to sit on the balcony and have a glass of wine or beer or whatever lol and look out at the views etc

and anything eles regarding the hotel or PDLA would be great thankyou for any help/advice x

I stayed there about 3 years ago so things may have changed, The columbus looks really nice from the outside, and it was pretty nice inside, the walls are paper thin so you can here your neighbours really easily. Its a great location for everything especially the beach and the nightlife.

Not going to get much of a view from it as it has fairly busy roads on 3 sides of it.

It can get a bit windy down at the pool as well as the wind gets funnelled in between the 2 towers of The Columbus, but it is a good pool with a bar and a couple of restaurants IIRC
hi
we stayed there in september last year, and were in room 235. we overlooked the pool and were in the main building. in my opinion this is the side you want to be, as we heard lots of other holidaymakers complaining of noise, and apart from people throwing themselves in the pool through the night, that was the only noise we heard.
have a great time
tracey
hi Tracytoney, did your room also have a sea veiw? as i have read some reviews that the side to go for is the one with the sea veiw and there was also a pool view for them combined- does this make sense? lol. do you know what i mean. and also they had the sunshine on their balcony all day too and was quiet. x
Ask to be in building 2 with a sea view preferably on a high floor. Otherwise you may get the pool nuisances as mentioned and building 1 overlooks a busy main road.

http://kanali.es/Nueva_ingles/index3.htm
hi
we didn't have a sea view where we were but did get the sun most of the day!!
and was also pretty quiet.
also, when we were there, they were refurbishing the rooms. the one we had had been done and was really nice.
tracey
hi anyone going 9th nov?? we are 4 ladies going for a week, staying at columbus hotel, all inclusive, any comments most appreicated.
Hi.
Can anyone please tell me where the nearest bus stop is to these apartments is - I shall be coming from the airport - any landmarks to look out for.

Thanks.
Jean
There is a bus stop just at the lower end of the COLUMBUS complex. Then a walk around the corner and a short pull up the hill and you are home! I am not sure how you will know when you are at the correct stop. The bus stop is outside a restaurant called Bohemien? and is on a corner. The space is shared with a taxi rank.
I think you will have just passed a hotel called NOELIA SUR, which is on the other side of the road.
If you use the net you should be able to get some road maps for Las Americas which might show these destinations.
Try and use a BONO bus card for the trip-good value on local buses.
Kind regards,

Billyboy.
has anybody stayed at the columbus, just booked for a week all inc beginning of june.
hi lyndsliverpool
not stayed at the columbus but want to visit tenerife or lanzarote this march so have been doing a lot of research.
the columbus appears to be popular with the 18/30 crowd so good if your in that age bracket ,but it doesn't get very favorable reviews.
sorry as probably not what you want to hear.
regards tracey
hi i go on sunday to that hotel for a week let u know when i come back but with it been in feb it will be quiet than what it would be later in ther year the reviews i have been reading are mixed i am a little worried but i thought that last year about a hotel in america and it was great x
Can anyone tell me about this hotel, how far it is to bars, shops, beach ect. booked for 1 week all inc 10th june. cheers!
Hi lyndsliverpool ... while you wait for some further feedback here, you may find some useful info on our reviews page for the complex:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/tenerife/playa-de-las-americas/columbus-aparthotel/

David :wave
what can i say was very worried about this hotel myself after reading posts but it was all good very clean hotel staff were very good maids in everyday would book again
i stayed at this place in june, i didnt enjoy it what so ever. I am 25 and enjoy a laugh and a drink myself dont get me wrong, but oh my god i wouldnt recommend anyone to stay here. It was full of lads on weekend stag do's, coming in at all hours causing up roars smashing things, leaving food and drink all over the pool area!!! we went all inc and there wasnt enough chairs for people to sit on so people were standing around waiting for a seat. You could only get one drink at a time and if there is two of you together you have to go one at a time to get a drink or your table would be took. No suitable entertainment of an evening it was rubbish!!! DONT STAY IN THIS HOTEL LOOK ELSEWERE......!!! :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.