Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
API trouble?
35 Posts
I had a similar problem and kept returning back to the first page and re-entering details, and in the end it accepted my api details. Denham.
Cheers Denham,ill give it another go, allready tried about 56 million times, :D
Not having it,The sneaky buggers just want more money out of me.
Firts choice site is OK.
Glad someone posted about it though as I had no idea we needed to fill it in.
What happens to those not on line, do they have to do it at the airport?
yes Del your right,i filled ours in on line with first choice tonight,but if i hadn`t seen it on this site would have been none the wiser,and it did say you could be refused travel if not filled in no later than 24 hours before travel.so what happens to those who dont read forums
Hi, excuse my ignorance but whats a --API form... as i dont think i have ever filled one in
API = Advance Passenger Information.

From 1st Feb 2010 you have to supply certain information to the airline no less than a few days before flying.

I'd check with your tour operator.
Our tour operator sent ours to us via our booking agent and we are going to Tunisia at Easter and our confirmation tells us to look on the travel company's website to complete the form. But they are presuming everyone has a computer.
The Thomas Cooks website for the API information is http://www.thomascookapi.com
I have just filled mine in today,if I can do it anyone can. :rofl
Finally got it sorted, i,ve been trying since jan 25th,thank God. :tup
hi kara
i live in eston i hope to be going on 19 feb.
if i get my visa back posted 2 feb.
when are you going.
im flying from manchester.
boromick :tup
Small world - I'm in Acklam. Hope you all get sorted soon :cheers
Now then Mick, we live in teesville not far from you.We fly out from Manchester on the 15th and we are staying at the Nazri in Baga. Hope you get your visas back in time. :tup .
Ok - I am really confused by this whole API thing. Off to Goa with monarch, manchester Feb 26th. After reading all the posts about API I got in touch with our tour operator Olympic to ask about it.
They said we don't need to supply it as far as they are aware and haven't asked for it from anyone flying out Goa. They said they are only asking for it for easyjet passengers - mainly flying to Europe.
Given the posts I have read I find this very strange - though if it was so urgent surely a company like Olympic would know all about it? Anyone else supplied API for Olympic?
Louisedav
I'm booked with Cosmos flying Monarch.
I contacted Monarch customer services who said:
"This is not required for you holiday."

As this is a very new change (and if you fail to provide the information required Monarch say):
"Inaccurate or incomplete data could delay your journey, either at check-in or with the immigration authorities.
We cannot accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete data provided, and if you are unable to travel for any reason relating to the provision (or omission) of API data, no refunds will be available."
I decided that I wasn't going to accept this answer as definitive (yet) so I've emailed back:

""The problem we have is that on a number of holiday forums (HolidayTruths and Tripadvisor) there has been quite a lot of discussion about the NEW requirement (from beginning of Feb 2010) to provide this information for Goa.

Thomas Cook & First Choice/Thomson are definitely collecting this information for people travelling to Goa.

We know that tour operator Jewel-in-the-Crown (who often use Monarch for their flights) is collecting this information.

We are particularly concerned about getting this absolutely right as your website states (in 2 separate places):

<<It is important that you provide API for each passenger travelling with you.
Any inaccurate or incomplete data provided could delay your journey, either at check-in or with the immigration authorities.
Monarch cannot accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete data provided.>>

<<Inaccurate or incomplete data could delay your journey, either at check-in or with the immigration authorities.
We cannot accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete data provided, and if you are unable to travel for any reason relating to the provision (or omission) of API data, no refunds will be available.>>

Therefore, would you confirm that the information you have provided saying that API data is NOT required for Goa is in fact up to date and correct.

As you would appreciate, we are anxious for the holiday to proceed without a problem by doing everything possible to confirm whether API is necessary."

I'll post any update we get.
Thanks prettypollycat - it's a strange one that's for sure. I too want everything just to run smoothly - especially knowing how difficult the bureacracy in India can be sometimes - I don't want any delays. And re: your note it is concerning that they have a disclaimer like that!
http://www.flyingabroad.co.uk/Advice/Advance-Passenger-Information.aspx
this seems to sugest that API not yet needed for Goa although I can't see a date to judge how up to date it is.

Pretty pollycat, re First choice/thomsons colecting this info, it's possible that they have simply decided to collect it for ALL flights regardless of need, I think that when I did it I wasn't asked where I was going.

Still, very confusing and worrying for everyone.
We went with jewel in the Crown and had to complete it and we are going with Thomsons to tunisia and have been told by them to complete one.
I have spoken directly with travelsoon.com - our agent for booking. They are double checking with Olympic/ Monarch but seem to think because you have to get a visa to fly to India/ Goa API is not necessary - i.e the indian authorities supposedly have your info anyway.
They are calling me back on Monday with confirmation of this so will let all know.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.