Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
april..
14 Posts
This won't be much help, but you'd best pack for all eventualities. April is not the most reliable time weatherwise and the odd shower, or even longer spell of rain, could put in an appearance anytime. Equally, it's quite possible to get warm and sunny Springtime weather. Best you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best- you won't be the only one doing that !!!!
Best you can do is cross your fingers and hope for the best- you won't be the only one doing that !!!!

ha ha i am doing exactly that for monday :)
Thank you Sagres , thats what we will do just keep our fingers crossed for good weather,we went to Lanzarote in November and was told the same , and it was 28 degrees every day and 20 at night and i had packed lots of cardigans and even had my ugg boots .. we never needed any the whole 10 days and came back with a better tan i got in July .fingers crossed xx
just got back, on monday it rained solid all day & night tuesday and wednesday were sun shining all day with temps of 17/18c, thursday was overcast and friday & saturday sunshining
What a shame Arnie, hope ypu still had a good time, i am hoping for a few degress warmer and no rain , where did you stay and did you find it expensive , as i just got my Euro's today and was thinking i will not have enough,we are self catering.
Yes we still enjoyed it thanks. we stayed at CS Sao Rafael Suite Hotel amazing hotel with a really good breakfast buffet, only thing its a bit far away from anywhere so relying on taxis that made it quite expensive. We spent around £400 eack over 5 days but that included 2 off road quad bike days and a dirt buggy day, food, taxis. When are you going and where are you staying?
if your eating out and they bring you a basket of bread that you didnt order send it back, as we got charged €4 for something we didnt order, check your bills.
Generally speaking the 'couvert'- bread, cheese,pate, marinated carrots etc.- is placed on your table as a matter of course; if you don't eat any of it you shouldn't be charged. It's as well, however, to point out to the waiter/waitress that it's not required if that's the case.
we are stayig in the Parisio alberfuria apart hotel we are self catering , we go on the 4th April and we are staying for 2 weeks .there is me and my husband and 3 kids aged 8 14.14.We were recommended to upgrade to all inclusive, so i emailed the hotel direct and asked what it would cost to upgrade , i was a bit shocked at the price they said 42.50 euros per day for an adult and 21.25 euros for each child.is it just me or is this not very expensive,
3 meals a day plus snaxs and drinks, four star sounds about average to me
Thanks for reply about prices, but i think i will just stick to self catering as it means we can try diffrent restruants ands bars , we could alawats upgrade the last few days if they will allow.
A very wise choice, there are far too many good places to eat and drink to be stuck in a hotel and the restaurant owners would be very thankful for the custom I'm sure.

Lummie ;)
gail 33 wrote:
we are stayig in the Parisio alberfuria apart hotel we are self catering , we go on the 4th April and we are staying for 2 weeks .there is me and my husband and 3 kids aged 8 14.14.We were recommended to upgrade to all inclusive, so i emailed the hotel direct and asked what it would cost to upgrade , i was a bit shocked at the price they said 42.50 euros per day for an adult and 21.25 euros for each child.is it just me or is this not very expensive,

Glad to see you resisted, from a bar owners point of view, as Lummie says, we need the trade, but more importantly the restrictions place on what they call AI might disappoint you. Unless it has changed since last year, after 11PM you have to pay for drinks (albeit half the normal price) and if you are a whisky drinker, you are out of luck, because there was not one available on the list at all. And most of what is supplied as "local" spirts is minging...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.