Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
the saturday flights from manchester go via east midlands but up till now the friday flights are unchanged
Hi balder thanks for the info, so far have been lucky flying from Newcastle June :wave:
Hi All, I've just received my letter advising that my flight from Durham Tees Valley to Bourgas on 23rd June is now going via Edinburgh adding 2hrs to our journey!! Very annoyed as I have 2 young children to keep occupied. We thought about cancelling until I read the T&C's stating we are liable for 60% of the total cost of the holiday if we cancel within 56 days of departure. By AMAZING co-incidence (I think not!) the letter arrived ....you guessed it...56 days prior to departure. Anyway, I transferred my flight to a Newcastle Departure in order to fly direct to Bourgas however looking at some of your comments I am extremely concerned that this may fly via Aberdeen, leaving me even worse off!!! Has anybody flown from Newcastle and had similar problems????? :cry
Hi morganf,

The only June/July Newcastle flights which are showing as being linked with Aberdeen currently are:

To Burgas:
01/06, 08/06, 15/06, 22/06 - Newcastle via Aberdeen [Dyce] BGH5534

From Burgas:
07/06, 14/06, 21/06 - Aberdeen [Dyce] via Newcastle BGH5533

Baldur
Thanks for the update Baldur. I contacted Balkan Holidays today to enquire about how many seats are left on the Newcastle flight (obviously hoping it would be full in order to fly direct!) however there are still 43 seats available so I'm still not confident. Fingers crossed though! It's a shame I'm worrying about flights as this is my first trip to Bulgaria and, by all accounts, it's a wonderful destination.
Got a letter end of March re flight change. Flying from Aberdeen 7th June now a p.m. flight instead a.m. flight. No mention of Newcastle. On way back 21st June, p.m. filght instead of a.m. but via Newcastle. First time with Balkan who are the only company who fly from Aberdeen. Would have to fly from Glasgow or Edinburgh otherwise.
Hi eilidh,

On way back 21st June, p.m. filght instead of a.m. but via Newcastle.

Yes, that's one of the flights which I posted above
Baldur wrote:
From Burgas:
07/06, 14/06, 21/06 - Aberdeen [Dyce] via Newcastle BGH5533

Baldur
I am flying out of Manchester To Varna on...Friday 13th of June.. :( ..After reading reports about Balkan, do you think I am asking for bad luck? Anyone know if it will be a direct flight?
Hi Paul,

If the following is your flight, there are no negative signs .....yet:

13/06/2008 14:30 BH AIR BGH5506 Manchester

Baldur
Yep thats the one ....Thank you my friend... I shall keep my fingers crossed... :cheers
Paul just keep checking varna airport web site for any changes we go 20th june up until now its ok but there are still seats left on the plane so who knows
Hope reading all the flight changes wont affect me as I'm returning to Bulgaria Sunny Beach staying at the Chiaka Hotel from 07/07/08-21/07/08, as a longer flight would be disaster as my cousin whom I am going with has Downs and sitting on a plane any longer than 4-1/2 hours would be unbearable.. :cry
We are due to fly out from Edinburgh so fingers crossed we'll be OK :tup
I can't wait to return as I loved the place and I'm sure my cousin will to... :sun2 roll on july 08
We are due to fly out from Edinburgh so fingers crossed we'll be OK

If you're flying Balkan Holidays Air the Edinburgh legs of the outbound & return flights appear to be direct:

To Burgas:

07/07 16:30 Edinburgh BGH5580
08/07 01:00 Tees Side via Edinburgh BGH5572

From Burgas:

21/07 07:20 Edinburgh BGH5579
21/07 15:20 Tees Side via Edinburgh BGH5571

Baldur
Hope your right Baldur about our flight can't wait only "Ten Weeks" to go.... :cheers
my pal and her whole family had 2 weeks booked at the end of june flying from edinburgh first they got a call to say the flight was stopping for passengers at Luton then next day a call to say they had changed the date of there holiday to sun the 22 June as it was the thursday and they have to fly from Glasgow at 11 at night. and still stop at Luton not happy bunny :(
I know this might sound a bit daft, but how do you find out if your flight is full or not? 6th June -27th June.Balkan fligh no\ BGH5506. Manchester to Vana direct. :que
Debpingu, looking at the Bourgas site, it appears the plane is coming from Gatwick to Glasgow to pick up and it will do the same on return, (call into Gatwick before Glasgow) no mention of Luton, in actual fact Luton is not one of the airports used by BGH.

PaulJohnson1. I have just done a dummy flight booking for your flight and there are at least 9 seats empty at present (Max booking 9 on line) just do a dummy booking on Balkan website.

Now a real good cracker ref Balkan. I am always in contact with the rep in Albena, Thursday of this week I got my tickets and Itinery all in order, today I get an e-mail from rep to tell me My Hotel will not be open until 1st June, so have been put elsewhere. No news from Balkan about this, Just wait till Monday. phone lines will be melting. Tonyt.
Do keep us updated Tonyt, Balkan really appear to be playing silly wotsits this year, friends are going from Manchester on the 17th May, with 2 small children, and are now stopping at East Midlands on route, they are not happy bunnies, still it could have been worse they could have gone via Bristol. After a walk around Albena in mid April it does not actually surprise me too much about hotels not being open, there were a lot of 'robotniks' around but not too much activity and we did wonder if all was going to be ready for the season start. Hope you manage to get things sorted. Nels
Balkan really appear to be playing silly wotsits this year,

Not just this year Nels , every year & they get away with it all the time. :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.