Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Gingerwildcat,

I went to Argassi last year with my girlfriend and we had a really good holiday. There are plenty of bars and restaurants so you'll be spoilt for choice. Our two favourite places to eat were Stars and Castaway although we didn't have a bad meal all holiday. There are bars to cater for everyone from lively bars banging out music to the early hours through to karaoki bars to quiter more relaxed places. The Red Lion was probably the best of the karaoki bars and also shows the most football if thats your thing.

Its easy to find your way round the resort as its basically just one long road stretching from The Green Frog at one end to the Church at the other with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops inbetween. There is another road about halfway along that leads away from the sea with more places to eat and drink. (You'll find Castaway up here)

The only downside for us was the fact that Argassi doesn't really have a beach. There is a very narrow strip of sand fitting no more than a handful of sunbeds and thats your lot. We found the buses to be quite reliable so you can always hop on one of these if you want to see other resorts or get a taste of traditional Greece which isn't really evident in Argassi.

One last thing - We got a taxi over to Laganas one night but it was a bit hectic for us. Unless you can cope with large groups of lads and girls struggling to stay upright I'd give it a miss. Must be getting old....

Steve
No beach at all!
Go to Kalamaki or St Nicholas for good beaches,food is generally good our favourite was Grannas Peri the owner and waiter is great he and his girlfriend nicole will look after you :wink:
We went to Argassi many years ago before Zanti was really built up and loved it, We found the Star's restaurant (Astira) in Greek near to the BP petrol station and ate there every night as it was so good Denis and his brother Andreas run it and to this day after visiting many GReek Island have never found a waiter as good as Denis may have slowed down a little now with age but really loved the Island returned 4/5 years later different area not as impressed but went to the Star's they remember us and still got very good service and a free drink, yes the beach is not very good but we were in an hotel that had a pool but you can travel the Island easily by bus where if you are a beach person can find some lovely beaches, hope you have a great time.
pojo
Hi

You don't say whether you like it busy or not so busy, so go for the Red Lion if you like barmy English pubs with karaoke, etc - Artemis if you like barmy Greek bars - or the Orangery (next to Stars restaurant) if you like sophisticated - doesn't open till late but cool music and pricey - but great - cocktails, malts, etc. Eat at Stars or the 3 Brothers for good traditional Greek food. Castaways is good too. We've been loads of times and love it, but get a car and see some other places - I'd recommend a night in Zante Town - a working town, but plenty of places to explore around the back streets and some good traditional places to eat especially just as you leave town past Solomon Square, towards Tsilivi.

Have a great time. :D
Thanks everyone,keep 'em coming!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.