Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
1) not sure if they are we never found any to be honest.

2) Not in Argassi as its a small resort , but you are close to Zante town :)

3) There is a local bus that gos into Zante town and a tourist train as well

4) http://www.freewebs.com/xmetal88/Argassi.jpg

hope this is of some help :cheers
It's a few years since I went to Argassi but from what I remember there are a few traditional tavernas but they're outnumbered by the more touristy places.

As someone has already pointed out it's very close to Zante town and you will probably find good transport links from there.

The one thing I always point out to people about Argassi is that if it's important to you to have a good beach (it is to us but that's just our preference, each to there own) then don't go there. We went on a late deal so didn't have much choice but found that if we fancied a day on the beach we had to get a taxi to Laganas.
I've stayed in Argassi twice. Its very busy, not huge but a long street of bars, tavernas, supermarkets and shops. Its not quaint in any way or typically Greek. The beach is very narrow shingle strip, with beautiful clear warm water. They are dozens of "Greek Tavernas" how "Greek" they really are is another matter, but we ate out for the whole two weeks we were there and never had a bad meal.

There is a great bus service that runs through Argassi, a bus that runs daily from Argassi main street to St. Nicolas Beach on the Vasilikos coast. There is also a land train that runs through Arassi to Zakynthos Town through out the day and early evening.

Sarah
x
how "Greek" they really are is another matter,

a few words of the local lingo will soon sort the wheat from the chaff..... thanks Sarah

Hazmo9 thanks for the map link :tup but it doesn't show our hotel :cry

any more info greatly appreciated

wiz
What accommodation are you looking at Wizard?

Sarah
we are booked into the Diana Palace hotel [and very nice it looks too]

wiz
A large group of us stayed at the Admiral studios, which are just above the Diana Palace. You're in a very central poition, and the hotel looked lovely.
iv seen that on the map thanks

found it i didnt see it as its in blue whereas the other hotels were in orange

well done HT
Being a wizard - you'd have to stand out from the crowd wouldn't you! :rofl
If you remember Helen we went in to the Diana Palace for a nose around one day and it looked really nice. Beautiful pool and sunbathing area. Mind it was about 10 years ago now :rofl Don't imagine standards have slipped.
If you remember Helen we went in to the Diana Palace for a nose around one day

hope they have better security now :rofl :rofl
Don't imagine standards have slipped.

hope they haven't .. reviews all seem good, just hoping it wont be all Brits as i like a mixture of nationalities when i holiday :tup
If I remember correctly, the reason we were there was to pick up our young nephews from the kids club which was held there for customers of the Admiral appartments. While we were waiting we took a walk around the outside terrace. We weren't up to no good, honest Wizard ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.