Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Arpora area ??
6 Posts
Good hotel Suo as you can see off the positive reviews.
Basic rooms but a good standard of cleanliness offering value for money.
Hotel location is indeed out of the way but is walkable in the day time to Baga beach.
Takes about 20-25 minutes maximum with a pleasant walk down the Baga creek.
Few watering holes on the way to ease the journey or alternatively they run a courtesy bus every hour down to Baga .
You mentioned Candolim or Calangute so from Baga just jump the daytime regular bus for 4 rupees and its happy days.
If you want to go into Baga at night to try the many restaurants then get a taxi for about 140r maxed out but more preferably 100 rupees.
You have quite a few decent quality restaurants in the nearby village of Arpora which is about 10-15 minutes stroll away.
Get a taxi back late at night, somebody's got to end up on crime watch or there would be no program would there , just preferably not you on your holidays eh. Only 5o rupees back in a tuk tuk so stay safe.
All spice restaurant comes to mind and is very reasonably priced.
Arpora is your nearest town and is more of a working village than a resort in itself.
Some good little bars to drink with the locals in the day time for absolute pennies.
My favorite place though Vagator is only a cock stride from here in a taxi
200 rupees should do it and it has 3 wonderful beaches and lower prices than the main B.C.C strip.
Shiva carvings are here right on the beach and well worth a peep
Go Fishing on M.D lake or just pap around in the free boats with a cool kingfisher
Hope this helps :sun2

Taxi ;
Thanks Taxi , for the reply , will take note of your tips.
We neve made it to Vagator this time, but will try and get there next hol. I believe there is a lovely Greek restaurant there.
Is it possible to go there of an evening , will a taxi drop you off and can you get another one back easily? thanks -
Hi suo :cheers
we go up to Arpora nearly every night for a couple of hours....sit outside a little Indian bar "Pooja Bar" .....full of locals and watch the world go by....seen some amazing sights.
The owner..."Ulass" is a great guy with many a tall to tell. :cheers
I dont think you will have a problem finding a taxi to take you. ;)
Work a deal with one to come back for you or just grab one back from vagator.
Loads of them.
You mean Thalassa overlooking ozran beach (little vagator) were the shiva carving are.

Never paid above 200r to get to vagator from MD
Have a nice walk up to the chapora fort if you get time for spectacular views and dont forget your camera.
Some nice beach huts scattered around for a right good afternoon session

Enjoy pal ;
Great bar Noggin
Good to experiance a proper working village and mix it up with the locals.
Great bunch and some real characters
Good barbers there as well for an inexpensive shave and slap around :yikes
Always seem to go for a full head shave in Goa. Right down to the wood as they say.
Goes so much better with my footy shirts than a bit of grey stubble.
Missus says I allways smell as good as a dogs dinner after I come out.
Not too sure if thats to be taken as a complement or not :think
B.T.W Have you had a peep inside the new Rio resort.
Were is the entrance ?
Looks really good on the brochures

Taxi;
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.