Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ashes to Goa
4 Posts
chrissieo,
I used to be involved with the repatriation of deceased to India and Pakistan and can confirm that there are a lot of problems with bodies being taken out.
However I don't recall any problems with ashes, and would imagine if the ashes were packed in hold luggage that there wouldn't even be a requirement to notify or declare them.
Usual problems are connected to health risks and of course cremation does away with this problem.

Your undertaker should have some information as to the export of human remains.
or I would ask your airline or possibly get in touch with an air freight company and ask for advice.

Hope this helps, it's a lovely thought and my sympathy to you
Hi Chrissie

I am sorry to hear about your loss.
A friend of some of our friends took her husbands ashes out to Goa in Dec 08 to Scatter, I will get in touch and find out if they had to make any special arrangements for the flight. It may take a week or two as I am sure they are away at the moment.

Julie
A close friend took her husbands ashes out last november, she carried them in the hold luggage in the container supplied by the crematorium and had no troubles. We scattered them in the sea as he had wished. A practical note, ashes are fairly heavy !.
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.