Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sorry to hear of your problems. First please do not rely on the email. Always when complaining it should be in writing sent recorded delivery. You can track this online and confirm that they have received it. I I was in your position I would still do this and state that it is a confirmation of the email. The problem with emails is that sometimes they do not arrive. The recipients system may delete them as S P A M - a failure on their system can cause them to be lost. You name it here on HT we have heard many tales about them not being taken note of. These companies may get several thousand emails in a day so you can understand where I am coming from.

Now you do not want an apology - that is just words. You should be asking for them to reimburse ALL bank charges. reimbursement of your telephone costs. You should also ask for compensation for the way this impacted on your holiday enjoyment. You should insist that they contact the credit reference agencies to ensure that no adverse comments are made against you. Funny how people never think about that but a missed payment can get onto your credit history and cause problems in the future. Remember that missed payments do get recorded no matter what the reason. I had problems with an interest free period many years ago. They had recorded a different date on their documents to the one they had put on mine. One of my customers was a senior accounts manager and he sorted it out but it did not stop it being recorded.

Please keep us posted as we may be able to give you further advice.

fwh
Thanks very much for your reply... i didnt even think of my credit scoring being possibly affected !! I received confirmation that my email was received and was being dealt with. I was under the impression that ABTAs code of conduct ensured that i should have received a reply within 28 days (thomas cook said that was just a guideline). I have been promised a resolution by today.. so hopefully they will refund my charges and offer something in compensation. Thanks
Partner has called them today...refused to speak to her regarding resolving the matter and said it would be resolved by email today !!!
If you were the lead name on the booking they will only discuss the situation with you.

Let us know how things go :tup
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
If you were the lead name on the booking they will only discuss the situation with you.

Let us know how things go :tup

My partner is the lead name however authorisation has been given to speak to either of us.
partner just called, they have offered £225 in holiday vouchers.. not sure if i can redeem them on the holiday i have booked or if they have to be used against another holiday at full list price (which means they would be worthless to me). Will update when i get home and read the conditions
Vouchers are only any good if you are going to book another holiday with them. After the current fiasco I would need some convincing that they would not make the same mistake again. It is your decision.

But that is not important at this time as the holiday has been and gone. Going back to my previous post you need something positive doing that ensures you credit history is not damaged. The fact that you have contacted the people who did not get paid is irrelevant. Whilst they may be happy to excuse you their computer systems are not as understanding and may already have placed the "black mark" on your file. You can use Credit Expert to check on this. They offer a free trial - so I would take advantage of that to check. If there is a note on your file then it needs removing. Only Direct Holidays can do that by contacting whoever has put it on and explain it is their error that has caused the problem and get it removed.

We had problems with my wife's M&S card when they wrote to her about late payment. She always pays on the 1st or 2nd of the month instore. The problem was the store did not empty the box every day. They have now changed things to ensure it is.

Please do not email your reply/concern or telephone them but put it in writing as I said before.

fwh
Direct Holidays are going to credit our next booking with £225 pounds, i feel that is reasonable on their part. I will also receive my bank charges on a seperate claim. So all in all dig your heels in harass them and you may get somewhere !!!
Well done Bungle69 :tup

Am happy that things are sorted to your satisfaction :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.