Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
When do you go ? I am due to visit shortly so can let you know, if you haven't already gone.

Kath HT Admin
Hi Kath,
we're going on the 21st May
Sal
Will be back by then.

Kath x
great look forward to hearing from you
x
Hi Kath,
Are you back yet?
ope you hada good time
Sal
I am going to the Athena Beach hotel, Paphos on 7th June and would love to hear from anyone who's been or has any photos!
Also any ideas for where to visit or things to do whilst out there? ..
Has anyone ridden a camel? I really want to give it a go just to say I did it. I've heard it's fairly uncomfortable though! :D
Kalimera (good morning)and Welcome

if you havent looked yet the members reviews can be found on the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/paphos/athena-beach-hotel/

if you go back through the threads on the cyprus pages you will find lots of info on thing to do and see

brian
Thanks Brian, I have checked this out ! :D
Some photos on this web-site

http://www.athena-cbh.com/

We are sure Kath will be along shortly to give you more info.

HTH

D&P
We've just come back from Athena and you will love it. Didn't want to come home. First time our daughter has been abroad as was really worried but she was fine. Everyone is so friendly in the hotel. Try the Ribshack just down the road as its great!!
Anymore info let me know. Wish i was coming back with you tomorrow :cry:
Sal
Hi all :wave

On direct enquiry with the Athena Beach, I was really amazed to find the cost of upgrading from a mountain to sea view was 12CyP per day, which is double what it was last year. Perhaps they've had a lot of requests because of the construction work opposite at the Aliathon and decided to cash in.

Does anyone know if these rooms are classed as 'superior' as well? If that's the case, I suppose they are good value but they may also be the rooms on the side wings overlooking the pools, or are they classed as side sea view? Personally, I would have thought the side sea rooms are those that overlook the Ledra and Athena Royal?

OMG I've really confused myself now, so I hope you understand what I mean :hmmm

If anyone knows, I'd be very grateful.

:thanks
They are just classed as Sea View rooms saintscully. The side sea views will be the ones that jut out diagonally on each side of the main block.

The superior rooms will be more expensive usually around £20-25 a day. They have the added benefit of your own sunbeds, be them on ground level or third/fourth floor.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath

The side sea views will be the ones that jut out diagonally on each side of the main block.

Would these be the ones overlooking the pools do you think? I thought side sea view rooms may have overlooked the Ledra and Athena Royal with a partial view.

Friends of ours booked a sea view room 2 years ago for their daughter's wedding and were lucky enough to have one with a ground floor terrace that was beautiful, well worth the upgrade, but I just didn't think those on the wings were as good value if still classed as sea view.
Yes I think the side ones will be the ones over-looking the Ledra And Athena Royal.

I agree though that the balconies are small on the sides and would not be worth paying full sea view for, albeit they probably are.

Hope I'm not confusing more lol

Kath x
Saintscully,
We requested Ltd sea view last year and got the ones over looking the pool area. Balconies are the same size as on mountain view. Sea view will be "full sea view". Can't remember how much it cost us to upgrade last year, sorry.
Sally
We were put in a sea view room as we were a late check out last summer and this was the view

I would have been dissapointed had I paid for that in my opinion because whats not in my photo is the room of the building below which wasnt too nice :?
Thanks for the pic Forbs. I agree, it doesn't look worth 200pounds. Would swap it right now though for the view from my kitchen window :roll:

Not long now Wilksey, hope you have a lovely time.
Now I am depressed! :bawl
Kath HT Admin
:D
Me and my partner are really looking forward to our holiday later this month. We are staying at the Athena Beach Hotel, on bed & breakfast.

Please can some one tell me what their breakfasts are like and what they consist of, this will be our first every trip to Cyprus and any comments would be welcome :D 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.