Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Don and Pam.
I am just a bit down about the reviews on the Aliathon that I have read so far and I only booked there on Friday - they all the reviews sound great for the superior 1 bed apartments yet the standard 1 bed apartment seems to have everything wrong with it - telly not working, loose wires in bathrooms, terrace with slabs cracked and furniture shabby yet when you look on their website the 1 bed apartments look nice. Maybe they show the best photos of the the apartments that look the best and leave the bad apartments out of the equation. I can't understand how the tour operator can rate the apts 4 star it the 1 bed standard apartments are of so bad quality and thats what they advertise. The 4 star must apply to the on site facilites and to those who stay in the superior apartments but not to those who are in the 1 bed standard apartments.
Don and Pam,

Thanks for the photos. Hopefully I will get word back from the manager soon or alternatively my 1 bed standard will be ok when I arrive due to all the renovations etc.
Hi Don and Pam - when were at the Athena Beach last summer the peanut field opposite was up for sale. Do you know if this is where they're building or is it at the other end of the Aliathon next to the supermarket/bar?
Hi Saintscully,

It's all along the front of the Aliathon. It's not the peanut field but the area that was previously a crepe / kebab and bar area over different periods of time, along with all the shops that led up to the outdoor bar area.

If you look at the first photo on the left taken from in front of the Athena Entrance you can see it is the area to the right of the road that runs away from the coast to the back of the watepark, crazy golf etc.

It is NOT the field directly opposite the Athena beach which is in between the Avanti apartment site and the Aliathon

HTH
Thank you for that info Don and Pam. We're back to the Athena Beach in 6 weeks :D but, from looking at your photographs, I don't think we'll be using the excellent supermarket. That's a real pity as they did delicious lunchtime sandwiches and cakes. That's the first time I have seen your site and I'd like to thank you as its very informative.
Hi Saintscully,
we're off to the Athena on 3rd June, what date are you flying out?
Sally

So does this mean that the supermarket and cafe are not there now then??? We use them every lunchtime!!!!! :cry:
And we always used the Cyprus bank there as it was so close!!
Hi Wilkesy - we're there from 20th June, so probably miss you by a few days.

From viewing Don and Pam's photos, it looks like the shops/bank are being redeveloped. I hope the supermarket is still there, but it doesn't look like it. There was the Arab bank on the corner near the Imperial, but last year that was closed. If you're back home before we go could you let us know please? I know the Athena has a well-stocked shop and the outside grill-bar is reasonably priced for lunch, but I did enjoy those take-away sandwiches and cakes :roll:
Hi Saintscully,
we're back on 17th June so will let you know.
I know what you mean about the sandwiches. I go for the cappucinos!! I really hope it'll be there by the time we go. Seems silly not to be as its now getting to the time when it gets busy. Plus i bet they'll lose a hell of alot of money otherwise.
If anyone knows when it'll all be completed can they let us all know.

Hope you have a great holiday anyway saintscully
Sally
Hi Sally - I have sent you a PM.
I'm also gutted re the supermarket. We used to go across to the cafe and get our sandwiches at lunch. Hope it isnt too long before it reopens.

Kath HT Admin
Does anyone know how this building work is going?
Going in 3 weeks time and was wondering if the bank and supermarket will be back there?
Sally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.