Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi there
I'd be interested about this one too as I'm flying out on the 28th!
Not sure what building work you mean, but hwen we were there at end of April there are some individual villas or might be apartments right beside it . it seemed that one of them was being renovated or maybe it was another one going up as i can t remember how many was there before, but that one was nearly finished then

If thats what the tour operator means , unless they have started building more in the area?
Tam,

I know we've PMd about this but I thought I would respond here, we returned back from the Marlita on the 5th June.

The Building work in question is taking place on the end of S block, when I emailed the hotel they confirmed that there was work being carried out and they didnt know when it would be completed by. And as such they were attempting not to use S block at all, however the first two sections of S block were in use when we were there.

They were putting in outside walls and the area was fenced off, its nothing major as far as building works go, but they did start banging and drilling (and using hammer drill on outside works) from about 730am/800am ~ no earlier than the gardener with his very loud strimmer! There isnt a great deal of disturbance apart from when they start early lol and unless you were actually in S block, we were across in D block and did get woken when they started early....

It doesn't interrupt or disturb any of the facilities around at the Marlita, it is the end of S block furthest away from the pool towards the edge of the hotel area, just behind the grass where they play football/rounders etc. Its fenced off by a small green mesh type fencing.

Hope that helps!

Karen x
hi karen thanks for that we will just keep our fingers crossed that it is finished when we get there thanks again. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.