Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Thanks everyone for your advice. I have been on the phone to the travel agent and at first they denied that the hotel had any building works going on and I offered to send them the pictures! They then told me the hotel will be ready in May something I really do not belive! I asked for a refund but was refused they told me I could change holidays but would have to pay an admin fee or loose my deposit altogether which is something I am not willing to do when they had a duty to tell me of the building work according to the code of conduct of ABTA.

I will take further if not sorted out, have worked hard to save for this holdiay not giving up!
I was at the Atlantica last Friday. It is still a mess though they do seem to have moved on a bit.

I have a friend who's husband has been employed to help fit the false ceilings in the hotel and I am awaiting news from him as to where they stand regarding a completion date.

Will post news as soon as I have it.

Louise
I spoke to someone at Atlantica head office and they don't even know when the building will be finished. This isn't just a part of the hotel it is the whole lot! There seems to be some denial going on about the building works with tour operators.
I have seen this happen many times. A date is given for completion and it justs keeps rolling on and on.

On Atlantica's own website they say it will be finished by 1st may. That is just impossible.

Louise
I have just swapped hotels to this one :roll:
We fly out on sun 10th June....
We are getting married at St Barnabas Church on the 15th June and hoping to have a reception back at the hotel....
My friend who lives in Limassol did say by the time we arrive the building work should be complete????
oh ho :?
My travel agent never mentioned building work,it was my friend who informed me....
Can you send some photos please caroll
Thankyou
Jo
Hi Jo
I have replied to your PM.
You won't be staying in this hotel, never mind having your wedding reception there!
Why are the travel agents not up to date with the problems!
Carol
Why don't you try giiving Rops Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor a call to see what advice she can offer.

her number is : 01922 621114

Kath HT Admin
Hi All,

Quick update. My friends husband has told me that he has been contracted to go into Atlantica with a team of workers in mid May to fit the false ceilings. So, no way will it be open by 1st May as promised by the Atlantica website.

I would say that anyone who is booked to go here in May or early June should contact their travel agent ASAP and also Ros as advised by Kath.

BTW, TO's are not obliged to inform potential guests of building work taking place before their arrival, IF it is expected to be finished before they get there. In this case, Atlantica Hotels themselves are giving incorrect info to the TO's and that then ties the TO's hands until they have absolute concrete confirmation of when the hotel will be ready.

Louise
Hi to all who is going out there this year!

After seeing the reports on this hotel i shuddered,as my partner and i are getting married in Limassol and staying here,where we have decided to have the wedding reception...
After seeing the photos that Carol provided,
(thankyou Carol,really appreciated them) i was trembling!!!

I have spoken to Libra Holidays(who i booked with) and they have reassured me, that the first week in June everything will be done...
I fly out on the 10th,so she said it would`nt spoil anything for us.....

I`m still not 100% sure,but i hope they are right :?

If any of you have more updates then please inform me,

From a BRIDEZILL LOL :lol:
Is this the atlantica bay hotel or atlantica hotel and apts? i have stayed in the latter and its lovely in the heart of everything.
Think its Atlantica Oasis, thread lower down the page. I would contact Libra, and tell them you are seeking advice....from Cyprus in mid May, then if the folks say things are not coming along you will have 3 weeks to get things sorted ........fingers crossed it all works out. Jay
me and wife booked to go out on 23may will the building work be completed thomas cook are not aware of any building work taking place? can anyone help please
I doubt very much if this hotel will be finished for this summer season, the whole area is a building site!
Ask T Cook to get their customer services to check with resort.

Also check out the following link:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=57890

Kath HT Admin
whats the latest update on building work :!:
I was down near the Atlantica Hotel (now Oasis) on Sunday morning (29 May) and the bulldozer was working at what used to be the front of the hotel (it's now the back as they decided to change the entrance).

Looks like they have either rebuilt or renovated the rooms / apartments that were situated directly above what used to be the Reception area and the outside hadn't been painted so was still bare concrete.

Get onto your Tour Op and ask them for the Up To Date position asap!

Regards
Cyprus100
(formerly First Choice Customer Service staff)
Anymore news on THIS hotel????????
Libra holidays are saying it will be open on the 1st June......
firstchoice doesnt seem to think so
please help!
im getting married here
Jo
Yes, it would be interesting to know as we should have been holidaying here, arriving this Saturday.
I have been in touch again with my travel agents, and after fighting my case First choice have come up triumps!!!

I have been transfered to the Miramare Beach Resort, all my wedding plans are the same

The Miramare have taken us on ALL INCLUSIVE, as they dont normally do AI,Only full board...

IF ANY OF YOU ARE STAYING THERE BETWEEN NOW AND END OF JUNE I WOULD GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR TRAVEL AGENT ASAP....

Its taken me weeks to get answers and with only 3 weeks till i depart it was pushing it abit....

If you need anymore advice and proof for your travel companies, i have a letter stating it wont be finished for all may/june costumers

I will e-mail to any of you who wants one
GOOD KUCK
Jo x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.