Ady
You could try emailing them? Here are the contact details:-

Atlantica Oasis
P.O. Box 52001, 4060 Limassol, CYPRUS
tel: +357 25883500
fax: +357 25327995

e-mail > info@atlanticahotels.com
Thanks Glynis.
I'll leave it for a few days though, it being new year and all.
Looked at the hotel yesterday. The whole of the ground floor has been gutted/demolished - reception, dining rooms, pool etc. The floors above have not been touched, so the bedrooms are not being refurbished. There was no sign of any work in progress.
If you are staying in one of the apartments you will be OK, as there is a very nice separate pool and pool bar across the road from the hotel complex. However I can't see the hotel being ready for May. There is also a truckers strike on at the moment and little or no concrete is being delivered to building sites.
I took a couple of photos if you want to send me a pm I will let you have them.
Carol
:cry: :cry: A visit to the TA me thinks. :cry: :cry:

Thanks Carolh, I've sent you a PM.

Could you keep me updated please.

Cazz.
Thanks M and M,

After Carols reply, I'm having my doubts as if it will be open by May 1st :cry:
If it does get finished in time, it sounds like the pool area is gonna be great. Fingers crossed :?
Hi,

I am a rep in Limassol and we have the Atlantica Oasis blocked for bookings until June though the Atlantica Gardens is business as usual.

Check again with your TO and have a look at the Terms & Conditions in their brochure or on the net. They should either give you the opportunity to transfer to another accomodation of the same spec or cancel without penalty.

Louise
Thanks Loubychou.
I've contacted Dawson N Sanderson, who we booked with and she phoned Thomson's who told her that everything will be finished by 15th May!!
I don't want to take that chance, so she is trying to get the change over fee waivered for us. We are now writing a letter of complaint direct to Thomson. I'll let you know how we get along.

Thanks.
Hi,

I really hope that it is finished in time for you but having been down that way recently I am not convinced. It was as carolh says in her post of 19th Jan. A real mess and the truckers strike is not helping.

I have seen this happen before with my own company when folks have gone to hotels that were not quite finished and very unhappy they were too and rightly so. (Building works still ongoing, facilities not available etc etc)

Its possible that they will try to make you pay for any changes as they are assuring you it will be ready but keep at em. I wouldn't like to take the chance either.

If you do end up going, before you go make a note of every phone call either you or your travel agent have made. Try to get names of who you/they have spoken to.

If it is not finished when you get there, document every single thing, take photos and make an official report to your rep in the first day or so and follow it up on your return.

Louise
well I've decided I want my holiday changed so gonna contact D&S in the morning, see what they can do. I'm really fed up with Thomson. I've said never again in the past, but after this holiday...........I MEAN IT :twisted:
Just to let everyone know, we've changed holidays. Long story, but had to pay to change over, really disgusted with Thomson. Won't be travelling with them again, EVER. Massive complaint lodged with them.
It won't be Cyprus this year I'm afraid. Back to Spain because of holiday's at work and availabilty. Next year deffo.
just booked for july :shock:
Some building work has started - I'll keep you informed!

Carol
Thanks Carol,
Although we have now changed holidays, just incase :(
my wife and i stayed in this hotel three years ago , and it was brilliant then , any alterations or upgrade must only make it better.

bluepeterno1
Hi

HELP!

Could someone give me an update in regards to this hotel?? We are supposed to be going in June and am getting worried it wont be finished. We were not told at the time of booking that this hotel was closed, if we had known would not have booked!

Thanks
There is no way this hotel will be finished!
I took some photos two weeks ago for someone else in the same position. If you send me a pm with your email I will send them to you.
Apparently Thomsons are saying it will be ready and will not transfer anyone's holidays free of charge.
The whole area is a building site!
Sorry it is not better news, but it is best to know now and get something sorted out before you come!
Really, really glad we changed holidays when we did then. Thanks for the photo's Carol. My friendly travel agent says Thomson are still booking people into this hotel, but she is telling them of the building work before anyone books. I think it's disgusting they should be allowed to do this.
We are booking to go to Cyprus next year into a hotel that is only three years old, so hopefully there will be no building work this time.
AND NOT WITH THOMSON :twisted: :twisted:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.