Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
ATM Charges
5 Posts
dont have nationwide.. but this applies to all cards, if you use them to purchase gifts meals booz etc then around 2% will be added to your bill before the card is swiped, this is a charge levied by the banks ,so everyone will charge it as profit margins on some products isn't that good

yasus

wizard
In May I withdrew 200 euros from a cashpoint in Rhodes. Barclays charged me £4.38 commission and £3.27 fee. :really Think I'll take it all in cash in October!Isn't Nationwide offering a no commission deal if you use their card abroad? If so I may have to change my card supplier.
Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

Anne, was the £4.38 and £3.27 charges both by Barclays? Yikes! :yikes

Nationwide offer commission and fee free withdrawls abroad but in some countries the bank whose cash point it is also levy a charge. I was lucky in Ireland as the Irish bank didn't charge me for the withdrawl but when my friends went to Amsterdam, the Dutch bank did charge them for withdrawls. It seems different countries and different banks have different rules. I went to the US last year and didn't use the cash points as the US banks do make a charge for using their machines but if I paid in most restaurants and for trips then no further charge was added. It's all very confusing!

Does anyone know how much commission the Bureau de Change will take if I take Travellers Cheques?

Yes, both charges by Barclays. :yikes Sterling gives a better rate than cheques I think.Def. a Nationwide account or sterling for me next time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.