Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What does it say in their Terms & Conditions? If the admin fee is quoted in there then you agreed to it when you made the booking.

fwh
If being out 60 pounds is such a "nightmare", I'd love to have your problems!
some of us are in no position to re book a holiday after goldtrail went bust and I have had a nightmaire over this booking with OTB from start to finish my point was if the hotel provider did not charge for cancelling under the circumstances couldnt they waiver there charge
60.00 may not be a lot but add the 500.00 we have lost on flights wouldnt you be a tad ******
off
£60 is a lot of money to some people and I'd personally be well hacked off too. OTB need some lessons in how to provide good customer service. Actions like this, when they kick someone when they're already down mean they won't get repeat bookings, peeps will simply go elsewhere. It could be so different if they done the decent thing! Companies such as this really don't deserve anyone's business!

Sandy, hope you get it sorted - have a look on the OTB complaint threads, think they have someone called Steve who frequents the forums, might be worthwhile emailing him?
I phoned OTB about a complaint today. got through to a staff member who was working form home and unable to help me with my particular query ! Thanskfully though, she did give me something that was like gold dust ! It is the free phone number for 'onthebeach' !
It is: 08000 858 859
ive sent another letter of complaint i dont expect anything from this company i just wish id never come across them in the first place ive never booked this way before and certainly wont again
re steve i emailed the forums before no response that just about sums up OTB
Yeah, that'd be about right Sandy. Hearing so many complaints about them I do wonder how they are still in business. If they carry on as they are, I don't see much of a future for them that's for certain. They appear to go out of their way to make things difficult for customers.

One can but hope your letter appeals to someone's better nature and you are refunded back for the £60.....how they can profit on someone's misery is beyond me but then the volcanic ash crisis seemed to bring out the worst in quite a few people....my sister's villa owner allowed them to stay on FOC till they could get a flight back. In contrast a friend was charged the full whack. What goes around comes around!
i totally agree im going to work now home at 10 tonight my hard earned nhs wages wont be going to OTB Thats for sure
re steve i emailed the forums before no response that just about sums up OTB

I assume that you are referring to Steved? If you are then he has proved invaluable to many members in dealing with complaints and problems with regard to Travel Republic bookings but he has no connection to On the Beach.

SM
To assist you further - You need to email - forums@onthebeach.co.uk - with your MYB.

A member of HT who is employed by OTB monitors our site and will try to assist. Please ensure you put in your email that you have been directed there from HT.

Taken from another thread about OTB...sorry I thought it was Steve who dealt with OTB not TR.
I'm in the same situation as Sandy, flights through Goldtrail, hotel through Hotels4u. H4U told me last week they'd cancelled without charge immediately they received an e-mail request from OTB on Monday 19th.

I phoned OTB twice last week to learn they'd charge £90 to cancel the one booking but that processing the refund would take 48 hours and to keep checking my account. I checked again today and as I was due to be going in 2 days I thought I'd best ensure they had cancelled.

To cut a long story short, after two attempts, I spoke to someone this afternoon who said they would authorise the refund and to check my booking over the next couple of days. An hour later I had an e-mail telling me to go to my booking and I am now awaiting for the funds to be credited to my bank account.

OTB almost redeemed themselves today but still not happy about the £90 cancellation fee for one booking aside from the fact that they have made no attempt to answer any e-mails or update my on line booking page re the cancellation of the hotel. When Goldtrail collapsed I understood from their website, they would be contacting customers in priority order to make alternative arrangements but I never heard anything and was due to fly 30th July. If OTB had kept me informed as to what was happening, I could almost accept their £90 admin charge re the refund but I've had to chase for everything.
And to top it all, couldn't afford to re-book so have lost my 3 flights to Gatwick from the CI - all in all, this fiasco will have cost me in the region of £340. An expensive 24 hours of looking forward to my summer holiday as I only booked on the day Goldtrial collapsed.
i had emailed on the beach forums- no response
jersey moo same as you no letters no response to emails admin charges for cancelling
totally inaceptable customer services
There would seem to be several threads re OTB with people posting comments on more than one is some cases. Whilst I accept that people may not be happy the multiple postings are not helping anyone.

Perhaps if mods could possibly combine them it would make things less confusing.

fwh
iwas advised to post on OTB Thread by david rather than goldtrail incase my questions were missed
When I have just logged on to HT I see.

on the beach charges!!

OTB - onthebeach.com - BE VERY WEARY BEFORE USING !!!

Welcome to Holidaytruths...

HOLIDAY DILEMMA

Yet another On The Beach Complaint........

On the Beach

Confusing and Points duplicated.

fwh
Perhaps we need a sub forum for OTB problems only? :que
FWH I see your point BUT if different people have different problems with OTB one thread for all isn't really going to be the solution. Yes regulars may repeat info to newbies over and over again but rather that than the possibility that someone's query will be overlooked.

If you do it with OTB you'd have to do it with all the tour ops as they get multiple postings too.
For me it reflects the dreadful "service" this company offers.
agentQ i agree my post was seperate to the goldtrail thread if it can stop others using this company by giving truthful information people should continue to express there concerns every one has different reasons for complaining
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.