Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
Austria
5 Posts
Hi wee-jenny and welcome to HT!

I have moved your post to the correct forum as it was originally posted in Complaints.

luci :wave
It's normally very cold, with lots of snow in the alpine villages. The last couple of months have been warmer than usuall so the snow disappeared towards the end of February. It snowed again quite heavily a couple of days ago and yesterday was picture perfect with blue skies and sunshine.
I was in Innsbruck at the weekend and it was mostly sunny and fairly warm during the day but below freezing at night (and chilly as soon as it got cloudy). Higher up resorts still have plenty of snow. Weather the previous weekend was appalling with hurricane winds near Salzburg. So basically it's as predictable as England!!

As for weddings, had you something in mind?? Horse drawn sleigh with appropriate decorations perhaps??
Hi we got married 20/03/08 in Soll it was fabulous. We couldnt find a tour package so organised it ourself through a woman called Britta. You have to get married by a registrar by law and then you can have a blessing anywhere you like. You need quite a lot of paperwork before you go but it is worth it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.