Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
When we went to Goa for the first time our package included half board at the hotel and believe it or not but we never once ate dinner at the hotel! There were so many restaurants, pubs etc to discover so eating at the hotel felt such a waste (no offense towards hotel restaurants!)!

diplomacy
Hi lorrnev
We've been to North Goa 5 times and would never book anything other than B&B.

As diplomacy says, there are so many good places to eat and it's so cheap - drink is inexpensive too.

I know that a lot of people who book all-inclusive don't leave the hotel much to maximise on what they've already paid for - this would be such a shame as there are great beach shacks too.

There are some threads on here recommending restaurants and beach shacks, so have a rummage around.

We've never stayed at the Aldeia Santa Rita but there are some reviews on the 'Hotel Review' section for it.

Polly
I personally would never rgo all inclusive. You pay a lot more for this but you would probably save money by going b&b. Loads of great places to eat and never expensive (unless you want lobster every night - and you won't get that on AI). Also eating in the local restaurants/shacks means you are investing in Goa - not one rich hotel owner.

Candybabe
We would never go AI either. As the previous posts say, there are loads of excellent, inexpensive restaurants and the food at the beach shacks is fresh and delicious. Candolim is quieter than Calangute or Baga but there're still lots of good bars, restaurants etc. to choose from. Haven't stayed in the Aldeia Sant Rita so don't know what it's like. Most of the hotels are within easy walking distance of the beach and all the other amenities. Hope you have a great holiday.

Gail
thank you all for your help, had a rethink and looking at b and b now, off to read the review section :D
Hi , I think you have got the massage B & B it is . Try the highland beach resort very good.
the only time its good to book A.I. is if you get a really good deal which is'nt much more or the same as b&b then you can have loads of free drinks in the hotel and maybe the odd meal otherwise b&b is definately best anita :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.