Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Not sure where you are going but I've heard that the food in the Sol Guadalupe in Magaluf is very good. Haven't been myself though, but maybe someone who has could confirm. Sure they will do HB but don't know about AI.
I personally would never go AI again, did it once in Porto Colom, the hotel was lovely, but the food, and drinks were poor, only came back yesterday from Mallorca, and most of the people on the plane, were complaining about AI. They thought that they were going to get Smirnoff vodka, or Tia Maria, or Bells whisky, they got the local stuff.

The food they got offered, whilst palatable, was not what they were expecting, one guy even said he ordered fish and chips, and the fish wasn't boned. We always go self catering now, but can recommend some HB hotels, around Cala Bona, the Alicia, is great, the Hotel Cala Bona, is lovely but the food can be a bit hit, and miss. It depends on where you are looking at, I dont know what age bracket, you fall into, so it's quite difficult to advise.

C'an Pastilla is quite nice, and not too far from the airport, but again I wouldn't advise AI there, I would recommend HB, with the option of eating out, it's really not that expensive, in fact, a lot of the prices are cheaper than last year. I know the exchange rate is not too good, but it went up 3 times while we were there, the last two weeks, it is now around 1.18.
We found, we took a bit more money with us this time, because we thought it was going to cost us more, but we brought £300.00 back, and we hired a car for 10 days.

We could have a nice meal, and drinks for around 40 euros for two of us, proper food, not fast food, we dont do that kind of thing, we prefer nice waiters/waitresses, looking after us, give them a nice tip, and they remember you, when you come back.

Garry
Cheers Garry & Lady Scorpio, we prefer to eat out, its just our friends want to have already paid for their food (and possibly drink) When weve been AI its usually rubbish food and drink. Hopefully i get some more recomendations?
We have stayed at the Vista Badia (Protur Hotels) in Sa Coma many times. They have each option available for you to choose and if you go SC you can choose to upgrade whilst there to either HB or AI. Personnally, I thought the place was better before AI was introduced because it is very busy all day. We stayed there a couple of years ago on a SC basis (booked direct) and was glad we did. The hotel itself is immaculate, clean and bright and right in the heart of the resort.
Always amazes me when people expect named brands for A/I drinks, all the brochures I have seen
(Thomson, First Choice, thomas Cook, cosmos etc) clearly state what is available and what isn't regarding activities and food & drink, nearly always it says locally produced alcoholic drinks, and also lists what time they available from and to (usually 10am - midnight) and what time snacks, soft drinks, ice creams etc are available
It always pays to look into A/I fully, an extra minute or two reading the brochure instead of just looking at the pictures could save a lot of disappointment on arrival
Thanx for replies Barnio well have a look at that one and JollyPostie apprietiate your point. Yea i know what you mean but for us we dont mind Local drinks and Food wise we arent really fussy. What i was meaning was weve been to Hotels where the food is awful and had to eat out (i could pm anyone them if they want) and apart from one A/I (Flora Lanzarote) the alcohol was mainly coloured water! (and im not even a big drinker!) So we looking for a place where the food is ok (doesnt have to be Gorden Ramsey esk!) and the Alcohol may get you tipsy after a few pints ;) Cheers for the replies tho :cheers
hi paulodingle,
we went on a last minute cheapie to alcudia last year. we stayed at the condes de alcudia ai me, hubby and 12 year old daughter.
i thought the food was very good and drinks did get u tipsy. may be worth a look. its near everything and only a couple of mins from the beach.
regards tracey
Thats great Tracy exactly what i was looking for :tup
Not sure if they do all inc but the Magaluf park sol has very good food, especialy the puddings. Drinks are on offer at 1 euros each it says on their website.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.