Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I took my baby to Turkey to live when she was 8 weeks old and she was fine. It will be very, very hot so make sure you take lots of high factor sun cream as it is expensive out there and you can't always find what you want. Keep her in the shade and plenty of water, hat etc. I'm sure you know all that anyway.

You will be able to get most things you need out there but if you are borrle feeding it is best to take your own formula as not every brand is available and it can be quite expensive. Nappies - best makes are Molfix, Evybaby and canbaby or you can get Pampers if you prefer, they are called prima.

I used to use Johnson's Off to keep mozzies away and lemon cologne, you can get baby cologne by Johnson's in the supermarkets too.

If there is anything els you wan to know just ask. Where are you staying?

I will be staying at the Grand Ucel in Ovacik (2nd time there) . Will I be able to get the mozzie lotion/lemon cologne in most shops or just the larger supermarkets. The area I live in London is mainly turkish, so I may even be able to get the products over here.

My doctor today also said there is an infestation of Ticks at the mo, has anyone else heard this?
i haven't heard this about ticks
lemon cologne is avalible any where around the gran ucel we had our 8 week old grandaughter out in may hired what i needed off travel tots
cant get cow and gate milk there but sma and milupa are avalible all other stuff is avalible and the super markets have alot of baby products
http://www.hisaronu.co.uk/traveltots/index.htm
very good service from sharon and gwen
:sun2
Not heard of any tick infestation ,but if you are worried stay away from long grass where there are large animals roaming about ,dont think you have much to worry about around beach resorts .Have a good holiday and dont worry ,just follow common sense with the likes of sun cream and the baby will be fine ,my grandson was four months old the first time he was in turkey , been five times now and no problems .

Bluepeterno1
You can get lemon cologne everywhere. I used to get my Off and baby cologne in the big supermarket but you should be able to get them in the smaller shops to or try the Pharmacy, I expect you will find them there too. I haven't heard anything about ticks either but I'm sure you wouldn't be affected in a tourist resort anyway.

Have agood trip!

Kedi
wow that website is fantastic!! I was looking for a cheap pram to take but as he isn't quite ready for the 6month old one yet so it meant buying a lightweight suitable from birth or 3months and it was proving to be expensive, I dare not take the pram we use at home, it doesn't even fit on the bus, as it is so big.

thanks for all the advice :-)
ALso forgot to ask if one can recommend any transfer companies. The ones I have found seem to want to charge for my baby even though he will not be taking a seat ?!?!

thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.