Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Bad Publicity
11 Posts
Ive lived in the South of Tenerife for almost six years and have enjoyed a safe living enviroment walking about at night and not being worried. I did miss the Tv docu so cannot comment on that. But from my own experience I feel a lot safer over in Tenerife than the UK. We have problems with the illegal immigrant who arrive by boats, which I actually saw on Saturday, but I must say the Police acted very good and promptly and got them ashore quickly in Los Cristianos harbour. They immediatley had medical care before whising them away in ambulances. They are taken to holding centre to be repatriated or sent to Madid. they are not let loose to kill or rape as in England.
Im sure youll have a great holiday if you venture back.
Sunkist I think you will find that Tenerife has changed quite a lot in the four or five years since you have last visited. As with a lot of holiday places it has its fair share of ne'er do wells and the authorities are doing their best to cope.

Veronicas for one has been given a make over as has the Star co opposite and a few of the hotel have also had major refurbishments. The area at the Cultural Centre is one of the up and coming places to shop till you drop with the new malls that have opened. Fanabe has been one of the new areas to go and take a walk along the new promenade which extends from the market all the way along to the major five star hotel like the Bahia del Duque, Guayarmina Princess hotel.

Why not go over and see for yourself :)
We were in LC in December and although i agree with some comments that the place is in need of a clean.. at no point did i feel unsafe. Yes, there are rather alot of looky looky people, but i think that can be said for many resorts. There was also a problem when a shop selling electrical stuff got robbed, bit of snatch and grab thing by immigrants, however the police reaction was unbelievably fast and the 2 men were caught. If that had been over here, the police would never of bothered to turn up (as when we got burgled in oct!) or the 2 men would have been given a free house/holiday and benefits!!!

We also saw the programme last night and it didn't alarm me into not going back to Tenerife. Yes, there will be things wrong with the island ( as with anywhere) but of course it will be sensationalised a little just to get the ratings. You and your wife will have a great time if you just relax a little and enjoy what the island has to offer.
Hi

We have holidayed in Tenerife two or three times a year for the past twenty odd years. We love the place so much we are moving there in July. As other posts have said I feel safer in Tenerife than in the UK. My two youngest children who are 14 and 16 go off on the bus when we are there alone to the water park etc and I have no qualms about letting them do so. As with anywhere you are bound to get some problems but I know where I would rather be.

Go and enjoy :D

Regards Jackie
I visit LC regularly and while I agree that the resort could do with a few fines for dog owners who allow their animals to foul the pathways, I find it to be cleaner than the vast majority of UK town centres. It is also undergoing a facelift at the moment, which should give it a fresher look in a couple of years time.

As for the 'timeshare murders', I really don't understand why this would bother the average person on holiday. This was a gangland killing in a very shady industry and won't affect anyone who is not involved in this type of activity, which presumably includes most people enjoying a holiday :?
Thanks for the replies, it's nice to get a bit of reassurance.

Sounds like things may have changed over the years

Just might start looking for some flights now.

Thanks again :)
You will have a shock at the area around the Santiargo apartments. very up market, and the adeje end is fabulous, and I still feel safe there.
Tenerife is FAR safer than UK,as someone said previously the illegal imigrants get deported, that does not happen in UK they get freed to do whatever they do again and harm more innocent lives
Errr I think you will find that the illegal immigrants that can destroy any papers they have on them and keep there mouths shut as to what country they are from are sent to Madrid where they are released.to go where they want ..Welcome to the EU folks..mind you who can blame them,,i'd do the same if I was in their situation...
Please don't turn this into a discussion forum or it will be locked.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.