Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes it definately makes sense to snap up the good offers when you see them. I saw return flights to Bodrum for £160 in August the other day - real bargains from Bristol my nearest airport. I booked them then and there. They are now gradually rising in price.
I'm puzzled by the stories of increased visitor numbers to Turkey. I spend a couple of months a year there and haven't been aware of it. It seemed much quieter last year. I wonder where these extra people are going? Maybe it's Istanbul and perhaps the very busy tourist resorts such as Bodrum and Marmaris. The traders in the areas I visit are constantly complaining of a drop in visitor numbers and I have seen many go out of business.
I thought it was quieter in July this year than in was in August/September last year...with the Brits anyway. We were definitely in the minority compared to other nationalities and it was lovely and peaceful.
I also agree with the last couple of posts.We always go in early June to Marmaris and Icmeler,I thought it would be busier this year but there was less people than all the previous years!!.Went back again in September and there was more people there then.
Hi JMK

Can I just ask whether you will transfer from Bodrum to Icmeler and whether you have done this before? I made a mistake when I booked flights and chose Bodrum instead of Dalaman (as you can see from my username it was the first time!) now I am worried that it will take forever to get to our apartments (Club Tokmak) in Icmeler. I am so looking forward to our first holiday abroad for 10 years and all the reviews for the apartments are fantistic so I know we will be ok there but it is the transfer/transfer company I am worried about.
I searched for a deal on Friday and printed off the page with the price once I was happy with it. Had it matched by my local Thomson shop on Sat - without the evidence, I'd have paid over £100 more.

Searched again today and the same deal was £40 more...

There are benefits and risks with early and late booking. What matters is getting a deal and a holiday you are happy with. Looking forward to May now for our week away.
icmeler1sttimer

It is a long transfer from Bodrum to Icmeler, approx 3 hours. If you had booked Dalaman the transfer would be around 2 hours with the tour operators coach or much less if you booked private transfer.

The good thing is you have chosen excellent accomodation which has really good reviews so that will compensate a little for the long transfer time. Feel positive you will have a brilliant time in Icmeler.

I am sure other posters on the forum will post about their transfer experiences.
Hi icmeler1sttimer
We are travelling to Datca and so will travel Bodrum to Datca by ferry. They go at 9am and 5pm and take 2 hours. As our flight gets in late evening we will have a stop over in Bodrum and may well spend the next day there until the ferry leaves at 5pm. We usually go to Dalaman but the saving was so great and we are happy to have a look around Bodrum. Our transfers Dalaman to Datca are usually around 85- 100 pounds so with the saving on the flight and the hotel and ferry costs coming to about 75 pounds for 2 we will save over 60 pounds each. As someone mentioned the trip by road to Icmeler will be about 3 hours. Try contacting marmaris-transfers.com we have always found them good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.