Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
hi we stayed at the balanzat in june this year. i wouldn't say the food was awful but it is basic but edible- i have eaten far far worse-ie burgers,omelette,curry.

if your daughter has allergies i would maybe try the happy friars pub at the top of the hill they are very obliging and you would be able to order food and omit things in it-as they cook to your requirements-he even offered to make us a paella if we gave him enough notice
thank you that is very helpful. So we will come back fat but not hungry :lol:
Click Here to read our reviews of this hotel including looby's (Thanks Looby) :tup
We stayed at the Torremar in 2005, which is joined with the balansat, you can use the cafe bar at either, and we did find that the Torremar's food seemed to be prepared better, but it all depends on the current staff.

There are a couple of very nice places to eat in San Miguel, and they were pretty reasonable.
We had no problems using Taxi's at all, but preferred to use the Bus, as it was only €1.20 per person.
hi all we are going to the balanzat on june the 11 for one week our first time in ibiza with the kids and another family any advice on what trips to go on and the cost of them ? what the apartments are like ?good cheap place to eat out and the cost? supermarket ? cheap beer? what food can we take with us? any other help will be great, its my kids first time out of the uk so it will be great
just take tea/coffee//your not really able to take any food out with you...
its cheaper to buy.cheap drinks.
its only a very small resort you know.they is a supermarket and a few nice bars to eat in...very nice place for your kids 1st time.
i would say island tour trip would be best for you.not sure on price,but tui will tell you..
say just looked up that place.i stayed there for a long weekend many years ago..very nice attps.good food on site .shops just next door,,,

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/Balanzat_Apartments-Video-Clip-1330.html

if that does not work just put balanzat in google ok..
our first visit to ibiza was last year,which was at the balanzat apartments. apartments are basic but we found them clean and comfortable for 1 week (considering how long you spend in the apartment). we had a third floor apartment with a view of the beach/sea, we were pleased with this as we wouldn't have liked one overlooking the pool. how old are your children? ours last year were 5 and 8 they loved it, IT IS A VERY QUIET RESORT,so you need to make your own entertainment.the hotel does put on entertainment which was ok (we just went to 2 out of the 7 nights).we are returning to the balanzat in just over 2 weeks, 2-9 june and we are looking forward to the peace and tranquillity,the kids are also really excited. would recommend Happy friars pub which is approx 10 min walk from the resort also the fish resteraunt is great. we are going to hire a car for couple of days this time just to sample other areas of ibiza. the roadtrain to portinax is worth doing (lasts approx 3 hrs) and they do one in the morning and one in the afternoon. glass bottom boat trip is ok,didn't see many fish in the sea though! hope you enjoy your week in puerto san miguel,although a fairly quiet resort it is a beautiful part of the world that hasn't been spoilt by excessive tourism.
thanks for the replys my kids are 14 and 17 ,do you know the price to go on the roadtrain and the glass bottom boat ,also do you know how easy it is to go to the aqua park and the cost also the cost to go diving thanks
if you go onto thomsons website and look up balanzat they have quite a few photos of hotel which are up to date. roadtrain was approx 47 euros (but it may be a little more for you as my children are 6 & 9. balanzat apartments may be a little quiet for your teenagers,the all inclusive hotel across the road is more lively. glass bottomed boat is ok (i thinks cost was approx 30-35 euros for 4 of us). sorry do not know cost of diving-i thought that was in with the all inclusive hotel.there is a banana boat on the beach which looked like fun. there is a local shop near the chinese restaurant that you can book trips with and one of these was the aqua park (sorry cannot remember cost of this). i do remember the chap from the happy friars pub who said if you wanted to book ant trips check with him as his friend arranged it cheaper than the shop. you may need to hire a car for a few days so visit some livelier resorts,but there are local bus services into st eululia/ibiza town only costing a couple of euros each. also remembered on the beach it costs 4 euros for each lounger and 5 euros for parasol.
thanks for your e mail my girls are sun worshipers and im on crutches all the time so we dont mind just lying about in the sun and go on some trips any more info you can give me will be great thanks again
We went to the Balansat last September. I don't think anyone can emphasize enough how small the resort is. We are talking about 50 yards of buildings and a few hotels with some cafes on the beach. The food in the Balansat is the same every night with only one item changed. You have to eat in the back of the restarant in the dark because the front is for paying customers who have a totally different menu. Obviously if you are going self catering this will not apply. We ate out at the San Miguel Beach club hotel across the road. Although it was £12 a head it was worth it. We also used their swimming pools as they were cleaner.
The tour shop in the street with the shops in, is run by an english chappy who drives you in a mini bus. It is very good value and has a special personal touch. His driving was good and we felt very safe. Drop me aline with your email address if you would like me to send you some photos. Good luck with your holiday.
i came back from san miguel 2 days ago,i stayed opposite the apartments at the all inclusive hotel san miguel.the resort is quiet but it is easy to get around.in resort you have the best fish restaurant on ibiza on the beach front (quite reasonable) all the normal beach things going on banana boat (7euros) hire a speed boat for an hour (between 20-35 euros depending on size) glass bottomed boat (price?) after bad weather mind the jellyfish !!! a british bar (happy friar) toby does good food and open from midday-3am most days,a nightclub below 10pm-4 am,a bus service to san an,ibiza town (2.35 euros each way),es cana (hippy market on wednesday) cheapest place to book trips/excursions ibiza uncovered 3 doors down in shopping parade from apartments,a chinese restaurant (i understand not up to much but i didnt visit)at night you should have no problems walking in to all inclusive resort and watching the entertainment straight from beach but you will not get free drinks without a wristband they are very hot on checking wrists...there is a good walk from the beach front to the left to the next cove where there is a bar open through the day at cala ? (cant remember) and some stunning views to see. any questions just ask.
john.
Anyone been to these apartments? If so, would welcome some reviews! Good or not good? We are wanting a quiet holiday - no noise or clubbing for us.
Welcome to the forums seekingsunnysun.

I have merged your enquiry with this previous topic about the complex, which may provide you with some useful (if a little dated) info, while you wait for further feedback.

We also have separate reviews page for the complex, but strangely it has had no feedback since 2007 either :hmmm ... click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.