Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
ibiza babe any info the Galion I would love! I am a holiday addict. Is the pool big enough for everyone or do you have to get up at 6! The review for this hotel on this site was not that good. I have heard that there is food availbale on the all inc on the beach, hot dogs/burgers. Are there drinks to as I love staying on the beach. I am counting the days so any info is appreciated Regards
sorry its on twice did not think it had sent first time.

The earlier post has been deleted.
Edit to delete duplicate post.
hi Dee - I've been to Puerto San Miguel about 10 times at different times of year - and the Galeon is a lovely hotel - I have many pictures and can send them to you if you are interested........You will have the time of your life here and will return.......
Can you put any pics on the photo gallery if poss Thanks. Any other info I would be grateful for. There are four of us in one room, are the rooms quite big. Im hoping so!
rooms are lovely in the Galeon - nicer than the cartago and beach club - although the rooms are nice in those hotels and all with fantastic views.....the family rooms are an ample size for 4 people......
Dee - I have tried to upload some photos but they are saying they are too big - I will try to downsize them - maybe I could send them to your email -
I have sent you a private message re email address. How far is it from hotel to hippy market or other shopping areas.We are going with a large group and some of the youger girls are after shops!! Me too if I can crawl away from the sunbed and beach :lol:
The hippy market in Es Cana is well worth a visit and is not that far - about 20 minutes in car or there are regular local buses from outside the Hotl Cartago to Es Cana..A lot of people just jump a taxi as Puerto San Miguel is served by a reliable taxi rank and it does not cost that much..as for other shopping - Ibiza town is great for shopping and really nice place to look around and have lunch..........thats about half an hour away.....I will do those photos tonight for you - too much work today
In reply to your other questions about the Galeon- I find the pool area at the Galeon a lot more quieter and peaceful than the Hotel San Miguel and Beach Club - it was quite easy to get a sun bed - but there is more going on down at the Beach Club area.....especially if you've got kids with you - but you do have to get down quite early for your sunbed especially at the weekends ...........when there seems a big influx of new holidaymakers.....At the Galeon there is a Mexican - where you can get chile-enchiladas etc by the pool but the main food to eat outside is down at the Western Saloon where you can get hot dogs - beefburgers / chips/ chicken nuggets etc- that is next to the beach and near the pool area of the San Miguel Beach Club........
Thanks for all the info. We are a party of 12 with the youngest been 14. We go to majorca usually but fancied a change. Ibiza looks a lot smaller on the maps. Thanks for taking the time to do the photos :lol:
The great thing about Ibiza is that its so small and any part can be reached within half an hour - if you hire a car you can see all of it in a couple of days........but I am sure when you get to San Miguel - you'll not want to leave - it is a quiet resort but there is so much going on in the complex - I don't think you'll be bored
hi dee - tried to send pics but there is maintenance being carried out with ntl - so probs with email - will do it tomorrow
i am going to san migeal for the first time this year in june (8th) and am bowled over by all the good reviews,anyone going this season before me can you post the excursion programme thomsons are offering and prices please.is it easy to get around yourself to waterpark and hippy market ? (bound to be cheaper !!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
john.
Hi John where abouts are you staying?
iam staying in the san migael hotel - with thomsons direct 8-15 june 05 all-inclusive. can not believe all the good reveiws whereever you look ...
and so cheap as well :. )
hi -there is nothing to dislike about this place and you will want to book again - its by far the best all-inclusive hotel ....the food in the restaurant is lovely and always fresh - they have different theme nights- such as fish night where you can have fresh salmon giant prawns if you like that sort of thing - then they have a cheese night and a carvery - you are spoilt for choice - and you will put weight on............
i understand you can roam around the different restaurants (chinese,mex,american ect) do you need to book in advance ? how booked up do they get ? poss book before we go if they get too busy !!!
can't wait to go now this place sounds fantastic ...
john.
hi - yes you can roam around all the restaurants as you please - the Chinese you do have to book - but normally only the day before at reception - the Mexican is open in the day and is open air - that is at the galeon hotel - next to the pool with great views over the sea........you can't book them before you go.......
John - June is a really nice time to go - much nicer than August - not as many queues or as hot.....the American is not really a restaurant - more a take-away but the food is brilliant as it is cooked fresh on request - and you can either eat this food on your sunbed or there is a shaded area with plenty of seating at the western ..............you won't be spoilt for choice in the main restaurant which caters for everyone including teh kids and you won't be able to resist all the cakes and desserts - my husband was so made up that they were even serving things like hot apple crumble and custard - and it was so good but not for the waist line
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.