Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
must admit never seen that but there are things just as good
Hi John

It is easy to get about to the hippie market and other areas, there is a bus stop just at the gate of the hotel. Some people wander down in to the resort to get the bus, but by the time it reaches the bottom of the hill you are not guaranteed a seat especially for the hippie market, so we always got the bus up the hill at the San Miguel hotel.

You will have a great time there, plenty of choice of food and eating places and great entertainment and sports, or you can just relax at one of the poolsides or go down on to the beach which is really lovely.

Oh I wish it was me :cry:

Have a great time
Graham :sun
sorry to keep asking questions (someone will tell me to find out when you bloody get there in a minute !!!) :oops:
how do they know you are all inclusive do you wear a braclet or have a card? :?
we will need the room late on the last day as we have a late flight is it better to book that direct with hotel or do with thomsons before we leave ?
i have heard of people emailing the hotel just before leaving britain and asking for a room upgrade anyone got any experiance of this ?

:D :D :D :D :D
john.
1.You wear a bracelet so that they know you are All Inclusive!There are different ones for the Club/Hotel and different shades for the kids and adults!
2.When we went we booked when we were out there to have the room late. It was no problem but i am not saying that you can always get it as you are not able to book until the day you depart so they know whether they can or not. But you can always book it with thompson so it is certain.
3. I haven't actually heard anyone doing this or done it myself so i can't help you there.
thanks for that "love"

john.
11 weeks and counting!! Roll on 29th June. :D
Just one question, last time we went in 2002 there was a big problem with wasps, they were everywhere and quite a few people were stung. Has anybody else experienced this in later years? Apart from that i couldn't fault the place it was excellent and can't wait to return!!
HI - I remember the year of the wasps and we went at the end of August - it was terrible but it is because everyone leaves half drunk fizzy drinks on all the tables and under the sunbeds but they now try to get everyone to put their empty cups in the bins now and it seems to work.....
I can remember they did say that it hadn't been a problem before, until that year. But nice to know they aren't a problem anymore.
thanks for all the help,looking forward to it....
anyone going before me and back by 07/06/05 would appretiate the latest report. what excursions are thomsons offering this year?

john.
have just looked at bus timetable ( http://www.ibizabus.com ) and see there are 3 routes from san miguel 1 to san an,1 to es cana (hippy market) but where is the 3rd SANTA GERTRUDIS anyone know what is there ?
hi John
I have been to Santa gertrudis a couple of times - its right in the middle of Ibiza - very local orientated - not many tourists - but a lovely place - very quiet with typical spanish tapa bars - well worth a visit -
thanks kelly looks like we might make a visit when we get fed up of the all inclusive !!!

john.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.