Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
bangkok airport
4 Posts
You'll be on one airline from LHR - BKK and then on Bangkok Airways from BKK-Samui.

So you'll have to clear customs & immigration at the International Termnal in Bangkok and then drag your bags along the plexiglass walkway to the to the domestic terminal and check in for the flight to Samui.

(All this presuming you're going in the next 6 months or so, as no one really knows what will happen when the new Bkk Airport opens. Apparently the current airport will be a hub for low cost carriers - but whether this includes Bangkok Airways or not remians to be seen. (Be a bit of a nightmare if it did as you'd have an hour drive from one airport to another.)
Well I have certainly checked through straight through to Aberdeen from KS and did customs checks at KS but have not gone straight through to KS at the beginning of my holiday.
Macfarang
never thought about implications for transferring - doesn't sound good.
I guess it depends on the airline you're flying with into Thailand.

'oap' they'd be the people who could give you the definitive answer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.