Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I have always booked my flights over the phone at the uk office (aviareps) , I have found the price to be reasonable and the service excellent . they do charge a £10 fee for credit card bookings though.
Remember that some times of the year (i.e. Christmas) some flights fill weeks in advance. Last year I was looking early December and there was not a single available seat for Bangkok - Samui from 21 Dec - 03 Jan.

They also put prices up in Baht constantly as they pay for fuel in US$.

My advice: it's only going to save you pennies in the best case scenario. The worst is - you won't get to where you want to go!
I was thinking about this aswell. Actually thinking of getting the overnight train rather than flying for a change though and save some money!
Not just save some money, but meet some genuine Thai people and have genuine conversations!

Actually that sounds a bit patronising, but I have met zillions more interesting people, struck up the greatest conversations, been invited into homes, to ceremonies, seen parts of countries i'd never otherwise see by travelling by train wherever possible. Whereas people on planes are, well, more detached to put it kindly!
Thanks for your tips everyone, the train is certainly food for thought!
Datsun, did you travel by train? If so, how much did it cost? I'm also considering this. Thanks Tracy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.