Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Look at ''First visit to Thailand - March 08. Advice please'' have given him Thai train time table, you should be able to get a rickety train for a fiver :D

There is nothing wrong with the decent airlines for internal flights, it is the cut price ones that skimp on maintainance you have to watch out for.
I did this trip a few years ago and stayed at the same hotel ( really enjoyed it. I arranged a car to take us there which only took 2 hours or so and then arranged a car back to BKK. No need to fly or mess around on trains, just get a cab as its not too expensive.
cheers guys. Will do a cab I think.

TC
we got a taxi from the airport last summer and I think the cost to Hua Hin was 2,800 baht.
Hmm £5.00 or £43.00 decisions decisions TeeCee :lol:
Well, a 2 1/2 - 3 hour road journey can take 5-6 hours by train. Plus you need to get into Bangkok, whereas by car you miss out the city and head straight North. So I would personally take a car or the more scenic air shuttle - 4 a day, about £40 each, and a great sightseeing trip!

I've done the train thoughout Thailand and I would never denigrate it though - a great way to travel. Slowly!
yeah, I checked out the train and it looks like it's around 4 hrs + to Hua Hin

The plane looks good but is more expensive.

I'm waiting for the Hilton to get back to me as I'm hoping they may lay on a 'cheap' shuttle from the Hilton in Bangkok..... :D

TC
I know the Dusit used to offer a free shuttle bus when you went from their Bangkok - Hua Hin hotel. Maybe the Hilton would do the same?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.