EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
We have an account with Garanti Bank, all we needed to open the account was our passports, and we also took our tapu and we were renting at the time, and took our rental contact. We have bought since then.

Also have a savings account with the IS bank and that was just the same to set up.

Hope this helps

Jo
Hi

We opened an account with the IS bank. It was so simply & they were so helpful. You can also have internet banking which helps. As Jo mentioned, we only needed passports.
Good luck
Nik
Thanks for that guys, can you now tell me how you go about transfering monies into your turkish account? Do you do it periodically or yearly? Can you do it from your UK account, how much does that cost? Sorry for so many questions, but I think I need an idiots guide. Thanks again.
Just go into your bank and complete an bank transfer form with your turkish bank details & name. It should cost between £12-£0 pounds per transaction, depending on the bank. Alternatively take cash when you go & pay it in.
Nik
I think you also need a tax number nowadays. Its a bit of a pain to get but I not sure that you can open one without it. As for transfers be aware that you can get charged both ends depending on the bank. If you use a nationwide account then when you are in Turkey just draw dosh out of the wall and bung it into your account. Where in Turkey are you staying? I ask because Garanti bank in Marmaris is the worlds worse. They are constantly overcrowded and the Turks wouldnt know what a Queue was if it bit them on the :swear !!!!!!!
Tax number?? What or where do you get this? I'd like to have everything I need ready for Easter. Am going to Alanya region, so hope that they might know about que's, not that I like them, but get frustrated when other people just walk infront of you.
Just visit your bank, they will have English speaking cashiers and ask them to direct you to the local tax office. Take your passports and get them photocopied, when you get to the the tax office just ask where you get your Vergi Numarasi and you will be directed to a clerk who will take your details and issue your tax number on a little white credit card size card.

Rimms
Thanks for that Rimms. Glad to know that the forum has so many knowledgable members. :D Here's hoping that I get it all sorted at Easter.
I opened an account in garanti bank in Marmaris. I had to go and get a tax number from th tax office which is next to Mgros. It was pretty simple you just need to take your passport and a copy, wait for about 10 minutes and you are given a card with your name and tax number on it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.